• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why don't ppl use Semi Auto Rifles like bolts? Semi accuracy?

pistol sights?

tangent leaf sights have been on rifles since the late 19th century

Yep, they're old alright. I've shot tangent and diopter sights at ranges out to 200 yards. Tangents are fine for shooting a nice paper target at 100 yards, but when you move out to 200 yards, they're nowhere near as good.

It's a lot more intuitive to just center the point of the front sight in the doughnut than it is to put the front sight in the center of the notch and line up the top of the front post/blade with the top of the rear sight.

Upvote 0
My 1995 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible still runs pretty well even with ~200k miles on it. I wouldn't know exactly since the tachometer broke at 119,491 miles about 4 years ago, and I drive A LOT, but the car still starts and gets me from one place to the next.

Granted, it uses a lot of gas doing so, but it still chugs. Since the installation of the manual transmission (it used to be an automatic, haha), it's only had one major repair that had to be done, but that "major" repair didn't set me back more than $400. Outside of premium full synthetic oil every time I change it, it's been a pretty good car for a Found On Road Dead. :)

But dang, it uses a lot of gas!

Upvote 0
My 1995 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible still runs pretty well even with ~200k miles on it. I wouldn't know exactly since the tachometer broke at 119,491 miles about 4 years ago, and I drive A LOT, but the car still starts and gets me from one place to the next.

Granted, it uses a lot of gas doing so, but it still chugs. Since the installation of the manual transmission (it used to be an automatic, haha), it's only had one major repair that had to be done, but that "major" repair didn't set me back more than $400. Outside of premium full synthetic oil every time I change it, it's been a pretty good car for a Found On Road Dead. :)

But dang, it uses a lot of gas!
Thank you for your contribution, Ranari.

Upvote 0