• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does nobody play Classic in North America?

Lugnut, Americans must appreciate that they can be killed by realistic weapon modelling instead of purposely retarded (yes that is the correct word here if you apply it's real meaning) weapons modelling in classic.

I would much rather have realistic weapons modelling than any other realism feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lugnut, Americans must appreciate that they can be killed by realistic weapon modelling instead of purposely retarded (yes that is the correct word here if you apply it's real meaning) weapons modelling in classic.

I would much rather have realistic weapons modelling than any other realism feature.

I can't tell if there is any sarcasm here or not.

Upvote 0
It's strange that there's only one server for America.
now where did you hear that? that's so far off the mark, it's not funny.
as to the o.p. I have no idea why. I tend to just look for populated servers starting with lowest ping. when I find one, I go to it. if I get an action warning, I move on. realism or classic, i'm good and play. it just never ends up being classic. doesn't matter at all to me which it is. as long as it's not action!

Upvote 0
America is a big place and most often you can only find east and west coast servers. For us here on the third coast in Texas its pretty hard finding a server that isn't hosted in New England or Northern California. So no matter what I'm usually getting stuck with my signal traveling through mountains and deep expanses of desert and rural wasteland. So typically we just tie our horses up at the nearest saloon and just form a posse to go hunt down some outlaws for fun.

Upvote 0
as to the o.p. I have no idea why. I tend to just look for populated servers starting with lowest ping. when I find one, I go to it. if I get an action warning, I move on. realism or classic, i'm good and play. it just never ends up being classic. doesn't matter at all to me which it is. as long as it's not action!

Sorry, by looking around I figured that people in the USA have problems with that!

Upvote 0

^yep

Upvote 0
We will be putting up our classic server quite soon. If you're interested in a North American Classic server then feel free to join that group I posted. We will be doing nightly events, most likely at a time more suitable for the North Americans. Any ideas as to what time is good? I'm thinking 18:00 est.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Classic is VERY poorly titled. It also does not help that, at least initially, the classic mode failed due to several factors (super-slow running, stamina hits, etc)...now, no one is willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and try it again.

I hated classic. Now I love it. It's changed a lot.

NOT TO REHASH THIS ARGUMENT, BUT:
It should be called "Hardcore Realism", not "classic". Classic is meaningless and conveys an archaic tone.

Hardcore Realism (or something similar) would pray on internet folks' need to feel masculine and exude awesomeness..."I only play HARDCORE realism...those Realism guys are pansies!"....

Upvote 0
CLOWNS server is out there for the playing anytime with all the latest customs and it's classic and has everything from RO2\RS all in one place.

Has 20 bots but those remove themselves upon humans joining. It's always out there and always has been. US\East Coast.

Pings should be great for all in US and Canada and possibly even Europe.

Make it your own and keep it filled up - once you guys occupy it - it will become your own community it's there for free and anyone to enjoy.

Upvote 0