• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does every server have this turned on??

im always thinking this, and i finally see this thread :D

My favorite is " __________(<fill in with a clan name) Realism Tactical "

"hey this server sounds exactly like what im looking for"

>Join it
>Get killed by someone
>see death cam that shows where i got shot from
>nope.jpg
>disconnect

rinse and repeat till i find a server which actually fits the description 10 minutes later....

FFS server admins PLEASE READ THIS: YOUR SERVER IS NOT REALISTIC OR TACTICAL IF IT SHOWS WHERE YOUR SNIPER SHOT ME FROM.

Either fix your damn server labels or remove that ****ty feature which IMO shouldnt even have been added to the game to begin with.

I agree. Server admins, please stop mis-representing yourselves as "realism". If you have the kill-cam enabled you are arcade, period.

Upvote 0
concluding:

It's a server choice

and

it's the players choice to play on it or not

solution:
find another server, don't come complaining here and force all others to adopt your playstyle ;)
Massive fail, Switchblade. If you'd read the thread instead of going defensive, you'd see that the problem is that you cannot filter the server list to show no-killcam servers.

Why not do the helpful, positive PR thing and tell people how they can easily find servers with no killcam using the server browser?

Reactions: GREIF
Upvote 0
concluding:

It's a server choice

and

it's the players choice to play on it or not

solution:
find another server, don't come complaining here and force all others to adopt your playstyle ;)
But it would be good to know what settings the server employs and not have to connect and get yourself killed just to know if you want to play there ore not.
It's not exactly fun to look around for a good server, finally find one with the map you like, low ping, enough players, the right game mode, join, and then after a while it's revealed that they use killcam... then find another, and another...

Upvote 0
Massive fail, Switchblade. If you'd read the thread instead of going defensive, you'd see that the problem is that you cannot filter the server list to show no-killcam servers.

Why not do the helpful, positive PR thing and tell people how they can easily find servers with no killcam using the server browser?

Massive Fail? assuming I didn't read it? I read it all right

I don't work for TWI, nor in PR so sorry, can't be helpful ;)

I agree on the server filters, would be helpful, but what he basically "demanded" was for TW to turn of all death cams
Like so many others Demanding TW to adjust the game to their likings

Like I said, you have a choice, make it

Upvote 0
There is no camping in this game, it is called defending or not exposing yourself to enemy fire. If you get a good position and pop someone in the side of the head, the camera should not indicate where you were to the dead man/player :rolleyes:

not really worth the roll eyes.
THAT many players on the attacking team "camp" or as you call it defend, its super frustrating, at least half the times my teams lost its because of this.
But yeah, kill cam sucks!

Upvote 0
The real reason it's annoying is because it eats up valuable seconds in the "ready to spawn again" minigame that they have wonderfully implemented. Usually meaning you have to wait the full 18-25 seconds again for the next respawn, of course they could just implement "auto-ready" but all 3 people have complained saying that "auto-ready" makes people "unaware of the battlefield" so it's here to stay.

Upvote 0
The real reason it's annoying is because it eats up valuable seconds in the "ready to spawn again"
I don't agree, and I think most people think the killcam is bad because it gives your carefully selected position away to the enemy.
It's really annoying after having found a good hidden location with MG where you can really help the team, you kill a few people, and 30 seconds later they come back and kill you because.
Without the killcam you could stay much longer in a good position without being discovered.

Upvote 0
I don't agree, and I think most people think the killcam is bad because it gives your carefully selected position away to the enemy.
It's really annoying after having found a good hidden location with MG where you can really help the team, you kill a few people, and 30 seconds later they come back and kill you because.
Without the killcam you could stay much longer in a good position without being discovered.

If your position really was that good, you'd be able to cover the enemy approach and not let them get to you.

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0
Kill cam sucks realism, but at least it keeps smart people moving... like how snipers should always relocate after every shot. That's what I always do, done it since first saw guy doing it in movie.
Yeah, well it doesn't keep you moving for the right reason. The right reason would be for some teammate to the one you killed spotting you, not the guy you actually killed. So if you're confident that no one saw you when you scored a kill you should not *have* to move to avoid getting killed in revenge.

Upvote 0
not really worth the roll eyes.
THAT many players on the attacking team "camp" or as you call it defend, its super frustrating, at least half the times my teams lost its because of this.
But yeah, kill cam sucks!

Oh it's worth the roll eyes, after hearing people whining about others camping when they keep getting shot while ramboing ;)

Upvote 0
Massive Fail? assuming I didn't read it? I read it all right

I don't work for TWI, nor in PR so sorry, can't be helpful ;)

I agree on the server filters, would be helpful, but what he basically "demanded" was for TW to turn of all death cams
Like so many others Demanding TW to adjust the game to their likings

Like I said, you have a choice, make it

He asked in the op for people to turn it off.. No demands as far as I can see.

We all know whatever is set as default will be on 90% of the servers, and if you can't filter for it then you can't just "make a choice". If it were default to real RO style rather than gamey kill cams then it would be fine.

You don't need to have a bad attitude like that anyway

Upvote 0
if you can't filter for it then you can't just "make a choice".
Yes you can. You just can't have the choice made for you. You actually have to put a little effort into finding the server you want to play on.

I didn't see any bad attitude in his post. But then again, I'm looking at it without my vision being tinted by pre-conceived notions of what the game is "supposed" to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He asked in the op for people to turn it off.. No demands as far as I can see.

We all know whatever is set as default will be on 90% of the servers, and if you can't filter for it then you can't just "make a choice". If it were default to real RO style rather than gamey kill cams then it would be fine.

Bad attitude? have you been drinking?

but on topic:
wel thats the point

if it was aimed at server admins, he should have posted it in the server section, instead he posted it here, and I can not other then conclude it is aimed at TW to change their game, (and even then it is in the wrong section, it should be in ideas and suggestion)

now where can I move this delight of a thread too? :D

Upvote 0