• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why do we still not have chat color?

Ossius

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
I thought this was something everyone wanted since day one of release? I expected this to be a quick addition that would considerably improve ingame community. Just a simple font color based on team, red and blue.
I just came from the beta where I was trying to chat at the only other player on the server and he wasn't even paying attention because he probably thought it was server messages.

Can tripwire please shed some light on this? Is it really hard to code this in? Can you pull aside a coder for a day and get him to work on it? I'm sure no one would protest postponing classic for one day to get this change in.

Thanks.

(PS, why do we not have a single fire/full auto indicator like RO1?)

Last edited:
Agreed.

I would also like to add that I still think end of round chat should be enabled again like it was in RO1.

The camaraderie on the servers is still suffering from the imposed silence at the ends of rounds. A few GGs, well played and goodbyes go a long way to keeping the community strong.

Upvote 0