Why do we still not have chat color?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Ossius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
I thought this was something everyone wanted since day one of release? I expected this to be a quick addition that would considerably improve ingame community. Just a simple font color based on team, red and blue.
I just came from the beta where I was trying to chat at the only other player on the server and he wasn't even paying attention because he probably thought it was server messages.

Can tripwire please shed some light on this? Is it really hard to code this in? Can you pull aside a coder for a day and get him to work on it? I'm sure no one would protest postponing classic for one day to get this change in.

Thanks.

(PS, why do we not have a single fire/full auto indicator like RO1?)

Last edited:

barakas

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Agreed.

I would also like to add that I still think end of round chat should be enabled again like it was in RO1.

The camaraderie on the servers is still suffering from the imposed silence at the ends of rounds. A few GGs, well played and goodbyes go a long way to keeping the community strong.

hekuball

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2006
yeh, strange really. Such a standard thing and always had plenty of time to chat at end of rounds in Ostfront. I think we know why it wasn't done but you're not allowed to say that anymore.:) Time to move on and hope they get round to it some time in 2012.

The Beast (nl)

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2006
The Netherlands
I really agree with you.

I have already bring this to TWI, but they only close my forum message.

But this is very important for team and say communication.

This is real a real pain in the ***. And TWI has min thoughts of this, but ths is vey important for communitcatins.

GrimReality

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 8, 2009
www.deathb4dishonor.net
No doubt they have more important things they should put priority on, but this is one of those no brainer things, like a real compass on the HUD (now in classic beta), that's hard to explain why it wasn't there in the first place.

Crusher

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
Afaik they do have plans on improving the chat but atm they're busy fixing and modifying the game. An ingame chatlog would be useful too.