• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why do Germans always win?

lolo, this thread again. Full of exaggeration and butt-hurt. Get a mic SPEAK with your allied allies and begin to play as a team.

Commissar house is just a bad map...to take that as an example is stupid.

Its fun to play on the russian servers because those guys actualy talk to each other, that seems to happen on the 2fj. server alot but the others like the boring 40-1 stock maps servers are just that...boring.

Upvote 0
cant we let this thread die in peace.

you lot seem to axis stack, i join the loosing side. it makes for a more enjoyable game, herding your scrub team at the enemy and leading them to victory is hilarious, at the end of the day it does not matter who wins. it matters who had more fun playing, the dull team stackers, or the people trying to bring balance to the game.

GLORY TO :IS2: BEST TANK OF WW2

Upvote 0
I get that feeling too that TWI favors the germans a bit more. I agree completely with what spetz said about the map imbalance. I'd like to add that on some maps(especially komissar's) the germans have the ability to shoot in the soviet spawnzones while on maps where the soviets defend they dont have that capability. About 1/2 of the darkest hour maps also had that problem where the germans would just constantly mow down the allied spawnpoints automatically winning the battle. I also think that germans have better uniforms making them a lot harder to spot on virtually all of the RO2 maps(most prominently on the winter and nighttime maps like komissar's, station and red october). The soviet green or white uniforms easily gleam in low light or snow while the german grey uniforms are almost impossible to spot in shadowy areas or at long distance. I think this problem would be remedied if the maps were brighter and the graphics were less blurrier.

Upvote 0
Never experienced this. To me this a very well balanced game.. I would say it is because you got stuck with a bad team I guess.

QFT.
I (secretly) rage about teamwork-and experience-lacking mates on a regular basis. (German team)

So I'd say its just because thats the way our brain works: remembering all bad stuff and forgetting about the good pretty fast. I mean how often your queue at the supermarket is the slowest? And how oftern were you faster than the queue next to you? You see? :p

cheers

Upvote 0
For example I played as Russian about 10 last maches and I lost 10 times in the row. I really can't remember single match where Russians won. Also Russian player have ALWAYS much worse teampoints score then Germans. Why is that?

:D I'll answer this by paraphrasing an old tale by Mark Twain. When I first got this game, I was chargrinned at how often the Russians lost. And the Germans always won. I decided to only play on the German side. Years later I decided to try playing on the Russian team again. We won. I was stunned to see how much the darn fools had learned during my long absence.

Upvote 0
I am one of those who b*tch a lot about Kommisars' lack of balance - but what they say about playing on Russian servers is true: I had a round there and the Germans were basically steamrolled by the Soviet Juggernaut.

Good fun - at least for Russians :D

So that I guess adds to the theory that the "best" players and clans tend to stack the Germans on (most) servers, and this is what causes all the grief on certain maps - and that the maps' balance is not all that bad... Though I still think Kommisar's needs a bit of balance-work for most cases anyway.

Upvote 0
I feel like when a map like commisars house comes up experienced players just don't even bother to try going allies.

Axis just have so many easy angles for containing early. Once it gets past the first few objectives the map is ok though. I think it would help to open the map up a bit more on the first few objectives and give more play area and spawns points to the russians.

Upvote 0
The fact is that the more experienced/veteran side wins for sure on the easier maps and it depends how "noob" the other team is for the hard maps.

If both teams are of equal "quality", the outcome of the battle is defined mostly by the map, but there might surprises and the best games occur when exactly this happens.

I've seen Axis that can't cap church on Spartanovka for the whole match and the same church capped in the first few mins of the game. Similar with all other maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0