• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why do Germans always win?

Because the overwhelming majority of RO2 players play German exclusively. As a result, the Russian team consists of noobs who don't know to spam Axis at the beginning, Axis players who go AFK, and morons like me who play whichever team has less players.

This fact is one of my biggest gripes with the game right now, as I'm forced to play Russian exclusively and almost never have good teammates or a victory.

I really wish auto-assign was mandatory, it's ridiculous that a game as good as this one has to be terrible because the player base can't stomach not wearing shiny Hugo Boss uniforms.

Upvote 0
Victories are sitting comfortably at 395 for the Russians and 437 for the Germans, as far as we know.

Russians = 47,5%
Germans = 52,5%

I play Russian almost exclusively, currently sitting at 66 wins and 125 losses.

71% German 29% Russian, roughly.

It's probably a lot less balanced than that though, I would wager a third of my victories are from the few times I've played German.

Upvote 0
If you recently played during the free weekend you would have notice a massive drop in "skill" pretty cool that all the servers where maxed out with population...

I always try to play german because I have more in commen with them (no not that part) but I had a full 5 games where I've never racked up so many kills.

Even going tank I've never seen anything like it, they where swarming, completly uncaring of their reinforcement ticket. I think the veteren players realised this as well, switched to German and started the biggest farming game I've ever seen.

Was kinda cool but I am worried about the dent they might have made to the "new" players, I certainly wouldn't enjoy being gunnned down 20 times in a row with in 10 secounds of spawning :p

Upvote 0
Was kinda cool but I am worried about the dent they might have made to the "new" players, I certainly wouldn't enjoy being gunnned down 20 times in a row with in 10 secounds of spawning :p
That's because the new players don't know how to avoid the bullets, where to stay, they don't have the situation awareness needed for RO, they think they can get hit and proceed like nothing happened like in CoD, and other stuff like that, its not because of the team. A skilled player will surviver longer than 10 sec after spawning no matter if he is in the Axis or the Allies team.

Upvote 0
I play Russian almost exclusively, currently sitting at 66 wins and 125 losses.

71% German 29% Russian, roughly.

It's probably a lot less balanced than that though, I would wager a third of my victories are from the few times I've played German.

You play Russians almost exclusively, and yet one third of your victories must have been as a German. To mean that the Russians almost never win.

Yeah no. Unless TWI comes here and says otherwise, this is as good as we know:

Russians = 47,5%
Germans = 52,5%

Upvote 0
You play Russians almost exclusively, and yet one third of your victories must have been as a German. To mean that the Russians almost never win.

Russians = 47,5%
Germans = 52,5%

Are those percentages victories or defeats?

To be honest, unless you've compiled a list of victories in every match ever played in-game, it would be impossible to tell which team wins more.

Upvote 0
Sadly, like Set states, there's no denying there's a certain section of the RO community that plays exclusively Axis for, lets say ... "ideological" reasons. An explanation of this phenomenon can possibly be found in the number of videos on Youtube glorifying the German army of ww2, compared to the much smaller numbers glorifying the Red Army.

I'm not saying all of these are "wannabe nazis" - certainly a large number of them are just kids who think the the Germans are "way cooler" and have "better weapons".

These also seem to be the same people who tend to enjoy running and gunning gameplay, and because of that select the Germans, since they have the most 'run-and-gun' weapons like the Mp40 and StG, who also are available in massively unhistorical numbers on every map.

These are among the reasons I tend to play exclusively Allies, and like Moe said it's usually enough to choose the team with fewest players, which in most cases is Allies. I also like playing the underdogs it just makes it feel so much better when you actually win for once... :p

Upvote 0

Russians = 47,5%
Germans = 52,5%

That also means 2/3 of his victories were as Russians.

As I posted in the map balance thread,

Interesting to compare these [win/loss percentages] to the map types - of the 11 official maps, 27% have the Russians attacking, and 36% have the Germans attacking. The other 37% are where both sides attack neutral objectives.

Concentrating only on the attack/defend maps, the Germans attack 57% of the time, so maybe what we're looking at here is a bias toward attackers.

Upvote 0
Whats up with exclusively playing one side?

I think this is largely due to the lack of a random team option like there was in RO1. Most people seem to lean either one way or another to some degree (I heavily lean towards the USSR, but will play for the Bosche if they are outnumbered by 2 or more, which hardly ever happens). I dont think you can really have neutral players unless you have an auto-select option.

It does strike me as odd that such a heavy amount of people lean axis though. It can really only be attributed to in game unbalance or some sort of terrible ideological undercurrent in many of the games players. Personally, I think it is a mixture of the two.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's the thing with statistics, you can get alot of numbers thrown together and get a percentage, doesn't mean that much to me. But if you have a good team, where everybody has their tasks and manages to fullfill them, you can practically win any map. I've noticed since the free weekend that germans win more often than before, but I can't explain why. Once the multiplayer campaign is out, and things get switched up with german and russian starting positions, things will be more equal.

I think the hardest maps to attack are Grain Elevator and Red October Factory.

Upvote 0
If the Germans don't have better weapons, why so many present day weapons are inspired by WW2 German weapons then? :rolleyes: The M60, the AK47 - those are basically German weapons if you do some research. And many others..

Some German weapons ware better , but the difference never was big enough , to make any scalable impact(excluding MG42).
M60 and AK47 , are not German weapons , merely influenced by their design.
Comparably as RO2 isn't Id software's game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M60 and AK47 , are not German weapons , merely influenced by their design.

And rather minimally, at that. The STG-44 proved the concept of an assault rifle, but otherwise, the AK borrowed as much from other guns (Such as the M1 Garand). The M60 has even less direct inspiration; it's not so much that the MG42 was so good, so much as the WW1-era BAR was so bad when compared to every other nation's LMGs. Obviously, they wanted a better LMG, and there aren't many ways you can do a belt-fed LMG.

Upvote 0
If the Germans don't have better weapons, why so many present day weapons are inspired by WW2 German weapons then? :rolleyes: The M60, the AK47 - those are basically German weapons if you do some research. And many others..

And they're basically completely different firearms if you know anything basic about how weapon actions operate...

Let me see...
M60--short stroke piston gas operated, similar to the M1 Carbine.
MG42, MG34--recoil operated.

AK47--gas operated rotating bolt.
StG-44--gas operated, long-stroke, tilting bolt, a fairly unique design.

The best I can give you is the Walther P38, which pioneered the SA/DA trigger, but that's about it...

Now, if you mean "weapons" in the larger sense, then sure, we learned a lot from the Germans in terms of tank, rocket, aircraft design, etc...

Upvote 0