• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why do Germans always win?

They should also judge things on whether they are moving, behind smoke, etc. Their visual design could also be copied from ARMA, they look better and less obvious there.

I'm advocating for 2 stage peripheral indicators. One set that gives friend or foe info for the area you would see when not zoomed in, but are in IS, and an ambiguous set that only shows moving objects on the far periphery.

Upvote 0
no

mosin has a faster bullet, otherwise they're equal

mosin is better

It's been said before, at these map ranges, both rifles are about equal.

Don't get me started on the MKb though...

I agree with several other posters. I've experienced it myself - you get stuck on a team that is just outclassed that night. And lots of people, including myself prefer to play either Axis or Allies. Because of that, the teams will remain largely the same on the next map, so the skill imbalance remains.

Yesterday, I was playing Allies, as usual, and we totally outclassed the Axis team, and won 3 or 4 maps in a row before I called it a night.

The other night, it was the other way around.

Upvote 0
I don't see how Grain Elevator or Spartanovka is at all slanted towards the Germans, but since you are just clearly cherry-picking things I suppose it doesn't matter

the maps Grain Elevator and Stations are the hard germans maps
Spartanovka is not hard for the germans just most german teams do not know how to play it
on Spartanovka all the germans need to do is attack the left side of the map
but the newbies germans teams attack the right side
the left side of the map is wide open easy to cover with a MG and a path running all the way to the last cap

there a whole list of the win /lost of maps posted from more than one person
now who is cherry - picking :D

Upvote 0
Not all the maps are perfectly balanced, sometimes it's harder for Russians and sometimes it's easier. This actually makes the game a bit more fun for me. When it's difficult you need to take charge and lead your team. When it's easy you need to not let your guard down. But other times you're just up against a higher skilled team and can't do much about it.

Such is life in Stalingrad, buddy

Upvote 0
They don't, it just really depends on the players. Some servers tend to have more balanced teams, while others might have a more "pro-Allies/Axis" background to them.
And as some people already stated, the maps do occasionally effect the outcome, being particularly favorable to a side.
(But maps aren't typically as influential)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have noticed too that the Germans frequently win and have given it some thought...

- A lot of it depends on the time of day. On my days off when I play in the mornings the Russians actually win quite a bit more than the Germans. But all other times it's the Germans that get the upper hand more often. This probably has to do with different time zones between Europe/USA/Asia etc.

- There are a lot of German-only players. They tend to play RO2 a lot, tend to be well versed in infantry tactics, use a mic to communicate better, use the maps better, etc. These are the guys racking up 20+ kills per round. There are certainly Russian-only players who are also quite good but it's been my experience that there are quite a few more German-only players than Russian-only. These guys can really swing a game in their favor.

- The maps seem to be skewed in the Germans favor. Not all maps are balanced in favor of the Germans but it seems like a lot are. Mamayev Kurgan is really bad IMO because every cap point is a one big shooting gallery for the Germans.

Upvote 0
The Germans dont "always' win, but they do tend to take a greater slice of the victory pie (60% wins wouldnt be an unreasonable estimate). There are probably lots of factors in this (my pet theory goes that people with far-right ideologies have no friends, and therefore have countless hours to hone their craft, and when they play this game, their team of choice is a no brainer), but TW does make efforts to curb the advantage, say by throwing a trench here, a tank there, et cetera. The German to Soviet win ratio was actually much worse when the game first came out. Now I like to think of playing Soviet as being more of a challenge, but a reasonable one. It also really depends on the map. The Soviets generally (with some really painful exceptions) dont have too much of a problem winning apartments, but a Red October Factory victory is a rare treat for the Soviets.

To make the whole axis and allies thing fair, we should have a map that throws an Italian force into the frey, and then the Soviets will take the 60% victory slice.

Upvote 0
Kar98 is more precise and accurate weapon.

Technically, you've got that backwards. The Mosin Nagant is more accurate in-game, having 25% less spread than the Kar98.

But like I said, technically. Both are sub-pixel accurate even at maximum scope-plus-focus zoom, so they're effectively exactly the same for accuracy purposes.

The Mosin Nagant's bullet is also 14% faster, but again, that's not something that will have any noticeable effect in-game.

Upvote 0
Victories are sitting comfortably at 395 for the Russians and 437 for the Germans, as far as we know.

Russians = 47,5%
Germans = 52,5%

I am assuming that, given the numbers mentioned, this is just from one server, and the whole team bias in victory ratios is also server based. Some servers are more equal than others, and you do find more German heavy servers than Russian heavy ones.

Again, Im not saying that the Germans lead the Soviets by a huge margin, but it strikes me as being more significant than 5%, all told.

Upvote 0
I am assuming that, given the numbers mentioned, this is just from one server, and the whole team bias in victory ratios is also server based.

This becomes very evident when playing on the numerous RUS community servers, where being on the German team (even on maps normally biased towards Germans) is as good as signing up to add an extra loss to your record.

Upvote 0
I am assuming that, given the numbers mentioned, this is just from one server, and the whole team bias in victory ratios is also server based. Some servers are more equal than others, and you do find more German heavy servers than Russian heavy ones.

Numbers are from a multitude of popular servers. Russian, American and European.

Upvote 0