• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why Do Axis Win at a Higher Rate Than Allies?

Dubzinator

Sep 8, 2011
I didn't want to believe it at first, but I have tracked my win rate with the Allies over the last 30 games, and out of those the Allies won 6 times. I played 6 games on 5 different servers, so that I couldn't blame my results on the players I was teamed up with.

I know that 30 games is not a big enough sample, but it does seem that the Axis are the superior side. If we can agree on this, why do you think this is?

My theory is that the MP40 and MKB are the two most dominant guns in the game as far as ease of use, stopping power, and range capabilities.

This can't be the entire reason for the Axis dominance though. What do you guys think? Are the Axis clearly the superior side? If so, why?

The more experienced players seem to flock to German because many people seem to have a hard-on for Heer. (this happened long before MKB was out) I always play Russian, and usually commander. With a halfway decent team + good artillery placement, it isn't too hard to beat them on any map.

Upvote 0
I guess it's true, I experience it on Barrack and to me that map is just a mirror image... I know it's not but almost...

All in all, in this game if people were to play as if it's not a pub, and people covering ground, it really would not matter that much... The teamwork can destroy any lack of balance due to guns...

I don't mind the MKB... I play rifleman, and when I find it on the floor my avatar thanks Santa for the early Christmas present.

Upvote 0
It's a combination of factors:

-Map Balance generally favors Axis. Allies have to cross a lot of open fields that Axis can pick them off from. Allies also seem to have spawn points in BFE instead of reasonably close to the points.
-Axis dark uniform makes them extremely difficult to see in building windows/shadows compared to the Russian Lite-Bright sponsored uniform.
-Axis weaponry is simply better than the Russian counterparts. MP40 IS better than the PPSH no matter which way you slice it. The MKB is simply OP no matter who has it. MG34 is significantly better than the DP-28.
-The PZ IV rolls over the T-34 so hard it hurts. The aimbot AI hull MG doesn't help matters.
-TWI seems to have forgotten to put in protected areas for the Allies allowing Axis to flank and camp their spawns in areas you wouldn't even think of checking for enemies, assuming they were protected areas.

After you bundle all of this up, Axis starts to have a substantial advantage in the game.

Upvote 0
-Players have a perception bias toward Axis to begin with
-Experienced players go Axis more often
-Perception reinforced by experience, more people go Axis
-Only seeing maps which favor Axis adds further to bias
-New players go Russian thinking "Soviets are awesome, right?"
-New players lack all the understanding of experienced and semi-experienced Axis players
-Bias and perception become further re-enforced.

I've seen both teams win on maps that don't favor them. It may not happen with regularity, but it takes a good team to overcome organized opponents, and a great team to overcome organized opponents on a map that doesn't favor them.

You rarely get great teams on the Allies right now. When you do, good Allied players are indistinguishable from good Axis players. I've watched the Allies roll up the Axis on Pavlov's House in less than 10 minutes. It doesn't mean everything is balanced....but it means the players probably have more to do with it than anything.

Upvote 0
Because some of the bailout money for Greece, from German taxpayers, were redirected to TWI's accounts, so they just wanted to tip their hat to Germans and make that one game where Germany wins the war.

QFT also the reason why they removed Swastikas...to please the Germans

Germans make a censorship law and WE ALL have to abide by it I guess...

Upvote 0
It's a combination of factors:

-Map Balance generally favors Axis. Allies have to cross a lot of open fields that Axis can pick them off from. Allies also seem to have spawn points in BFE instead of reasonably close to the points.
-Axis dark uniform makes them extremely difficult to see in building windows/shadows compared to the Russian Lite-Bright sponsored uniform.
-Axis weaponry is simply better than the Russian counterparts. MP40 IS better than the PPSH no matter which way you slice it. The MKB is simply OP no matter who has it. MG34 is significantly better than the DP-28.
-The PZ IV rolls over the T-34 so hard it hurts. The aimbot AI hull MG doesn't help matters.
-TWI seems to have forgotten to put in protected areas for the Allies allowing Axis to flank and camp their spawns in areas you wouldn't even think of checking for enemies, assuming they were protected areas.

After you bundle all of this up, Axis starts to have a substantial advantage in the game.

+1

Agree on all points.

One more thing - on maps where russians are attacking, axis almost always have tanks...

Commisars... Factory...

vs

Grain Elevator, Spartanova... Station...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Experienced players go Axis more often

This is just a myth. Havent been proven.

The thing is - before MKB axis won a lot but now they win 90% of the time.

Compare Commisars Hourse pre and post MKB for example.

Though some maps (Spartanovka comes to mind) have become EASIER for the russians because all the MKB's just attack like crazy (and gets picked off) instead of taking it slow...

Reactions: FreeMayk
Upvote 0
I think the SS Appreciation Squad would disagree that they don't pick Axis more often.

And frankly, when you know there are more experienced players playing on a team, exercising better team work, it's a lot more appealing to join them than try and organize rabble who are still figuring out the game and will probably just ignore you anyways. Some players like the "extra" challenge. To me it's enough to with the added map challenges to make it frustrating. You can't win the game by yourself, and when you can't even count on your team knowing where to go....yeah. Playing Russians sounds like a real blast.

Like I said, I've seen experienced Allied teams. Just not as often. You know you're playing an experienced team when territory objectives literally fall like dominoes. I've seen the Allied players do that. But not as often as the Axis.

As for the impact of the MKB42....I'm getting sniped more by it. That's really the only difference I've seen. Axis players stormed just as much with the MP40 before the unlocks activated. Now they're just killing me with cooler looking weapons that fire single shot as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0