• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why AVT 40 and not AVS 36?

Atomskytten

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
As we have seen in the latest RO:HOS videos the sovjet hero weapon is the AVT 40 but why not chose the AVS 36 instead? It has a 15 round magazine instead of the AVT 40's 10 round capacity and while 15 rounds are not much compared to the MkB 42's 30 it is still more than the measely 10 round the AVT 40 carry. Granted the AVS 36 probably wasn't used at that point in the war and I don't know if there where any used at Stalingrad but really a full automatic weapon with only 10 round capacity is really not worth the while to use even if it gives 'street cred'

So you're admitting then, that the IS2 is only equal to an assault rifle? :)

No, but as someone else already pointed out, the IS 2 has all the "greatest ... of world war II" lines reserved.
That automatically makes it the greatest assault rifle of WW2.

Regarding the AVS-36, I have to agree somewhat.

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
I hope the AVT-40 isn't supposed to be some kind of equalizer to the MKb 42, because there's definitely no match there.

Well, they're not the same, but you can't reasonably say the assault rifle is flat-out superior to the AVT-40.

It's the difference between a battle rifle and an assault rifle. One has the ability to function at longer ranges and with greater stopping power. The Mkb42, alternately, would obviously be superior when you need sustained mid-range automatic fire or in close-range engagements.

Upvote 0
Well, they're not the same, but you can't reasonably say the assault rifle is flat-out superior to the AVT-40.

It's the difference between a battle rifle and an assault rifle. One has the ability to function at longer ranges and with greater stopping power. The Mkb42, alternately, would obviously be superior when you need sustained mid-range automatic fire or in close-range engagements.

Again I hope you have the option of not using it as a hero.

Upvote 0