• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design why are Players spawning on path nodes not player starts

I'v been working on my map for a day now, trying every thing even deleted every thing and redid it, but for some reason the player is still spawning on path nodes. the error check does not say any errors either.
The details on the start area is a small box, which when the player, or his allies shoot the bottom the player falls so he can rescue his other teammates, I'v used the engine test to make sure its an appropriate size, but still no results.
Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Re

Re

thanks for your feedback;however, i do have 6 player start actors with 1 of them being a single player primary, and they are all b-enabled. My water volume is below and not even aligned with the player starts. Today i tried deleting all my path nodes, which when i played map afterwards the player start worked,but when i re added them on it started spawning on path nodes again. I'v tried using zombie path nodes instead of normal ones but thats even worse (braindead zombies, and rong spawn zone). any other ideas? I'm blank, besides just trashing the map.

Upvote 0
I'v been working on my map for a day now, trying every thing even deleted every thing and redid it, but for some reason the player is still spawning on path nodes. the error check does not say any errors either.
The details on the start area is a small box, which when the player, or his allies shoot the bottom the player falls so he can rescue his other teammates, I'v used the engine test to make sure its an appropriate size, but still no results.
Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Can you show a screenshot of the area where you have the playerstarts at?

And have you changed any settings on their properties?

Upvote 0
i can send a download with some screenshots

i can send a download with some screenshots

Can you show a screenshot of the area where you have the playerstarts at?

And have you changed any settings on their properties?

as far as properties are concerned i'v lost track, but i have deleted the player starts and tried them with default properties before i put this post out, today i'v deleted all my pathnodes and tried other nodes, but no success, also when i first tried it with no path nodes it spawned in the box; however ever since then i've not been able to reproduce that result? idk why

any waythe URL for the screen shots is
http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#8667e8ml4h5v8,1

BTW it also has my current work in it incase you need to go more in depth. it also has the old version of the map before i started tweaking it.

Upvote 0