• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

Met a few days ago in game? Had a chat about how wiki is lying :rolleyes: Or was it someone else ...
If the discussion was sparked by me saying that Suum Cuique (to each his own) is Prussia's motto, then that was me. And wiki is not lying because I checked and wiki states that the motto of prussia is indeed Suum cuique. At least the english page says so.

Upvote 0
I didn't mean that you were lying :p

I read something about the buckle belts of the german soldiers "God with us" (Gott mit uns) was stamped on them and I remembered (wrongly?) that it was stamped on them because it was the motto of Prussia. So the questions is, is my memory playing tricks on me or did someone write sh*t in the wiki.

So in the end you are right but ... yeah I think it is not to import nice to meat you hear to God :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Back in 2000/2001 when I was playing Rtcw I came up with a nickname of "War machine" and later translated it to finnish "SotaMasiina". Then in 2001 I started playing DoD and came up with a new nickname which was "Kukkais_Merenneito" (Flowery_Mermaid) which I came up with trough some joke with my friends.

Then in 2002/2003 I came up with the current KarhuWaari (grandfather Bear/PapaBear/"PedoBear") and I dont remember the origin, propaply I just came up with it somehow. (For Finns: ei liity ainakaan tietoisesti mitenk

Upvote 0
It is pearl-barley

It is pearl-barley

Perlovka means rice in Russian, I think.

It's on this one shirt I own that has random words in foreign languages, I thought it sounded/looked cool.

Plus I like to play the Soviets more than the Germans so I picked it.

It is not rice, oh no. It is pearl-barley. I think it is cheap, that is why it was used a lot (too much, even) in soviet soldiers' rations, it least in my days when I was in the Soviet Army. But it sure makes it a great nick. You are lucky! :D

Upvote 0
This one's too long story to write from beginning to the end. In simple, it is a combination of multiple nicks shortened up and finally mixed two things together.

Too bad it just doesn't fit with my voice, since people often says I sound like some 60 year old pedophile who drinks lots of alcohol.

I read something about the buckle belts of the german soldiers "God with us" (Gott mit uns) was stamped on them and I remembered (wrongly?) that it was stamped on them because it was the motto of Prussia. So the questions is, is my memory playing tricks on me or did someone write sh*t in the wiki.

Your memory serves you well.

Upvote 0
This one's too long story to write from beginning to the end. In simple, it is a combination of multiple nicks shortened up and finally mixed two things together.

Too bad it just doesn't fit with my voice, since people often says I sound like some 60 year old pedophile who drinks lots of alcohol.

Your nick fits it perfectly but your age doesn't ;)

Upvote 0
Kombat

Combat (or Kombat, Russian: комбат, "kombat", abbreviated Командир батальона "Commander of the battalion") was a military rank in the Red Army until the end of the 1950s. At that time it was roughly equivalent to the rank of Captain. Just wanted something military you know ;)
I know I'm a bit late but there's an extremely cool song by Lube by that title :D I'm Karabiner not because of the german for carbine or something like that but because of the climbing equipment thing.

Upvote 0
large_kh-14.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think my first nick was Xan, after the Xan Kriegor from UT. After a while I thought the nick was too l33t for my skills, and picked Xendance. I would have probably used Xen (You know, the borderworld in HL), but it was in use always and sounded too girly anyway. Then I just added "dance" to the end, mainly because I thought it sounded cool in finglish.

Upvote 0
Commiekazi

Commiekazi

I use Commiekazi for the simple reason that it fits my playing style perfectly. I almost always play Russian (and when I don't I change names), and I will always rush forward before it's prudent to do so, usually taking the other guy with me as I die.

I started using this name back when I stank at tanks, but I loved playing tank maps like Arad - back then, I was just ROPlayer. So, I decided to play combat engineer and use a clown car until I got a little more familiar with RO and the map. After about the dozenth time of charging a guy named Maximus (whatever happened to him?) sitting out in South Field in a Panther, he saw me coming and VOIPed "Here comes the kamikaze again". I typed back "Not kamikaze, but Commiekazi!". And on that pass, I finally killed him - so I decided to adopt my new name.

I will play with other names, especially when I am unfamiliar with the map or there is a chance that I'll play German (possible, but unlikely), but I'll stick with this one since I feel I earned it.

Upvote 0