• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

COOL is my nick since my teenage days...

look at the pic and judge yourself why:
coolbmwmed2tq0.jpg

yea, diz is me on my thrusty BMW.

In the mod-days I was also known as cool shadow (long ago).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Munk is a shortened version of my real first name. Munkh in Mongolian means 'eternal' or 'everlasting.'
You might see me playing with Americanized variations such as [-I-]Munky, [-I-]Munkie, [-I-]Munkster.

Sometimes, but rarely, I use [-I-]Polkadot which refers to the polka dot jersey of the Tour de France. I used to bike a lot. My small, light build (5' 4" and 125 lbs) allows me to climb with steep hills relatively easily, often outclimbing stronger, experienced bikers. Plus, climbing huge mountains and dropping everyone else like rocks is just badass.

Upvote 0
Oddly enough this nick is from my dad. Its what he used back in the Quake 1 days. He stopped playing games because his job took up to much of his time (obviously in the IT filed, in case you wondered :p). When I started playing games, he suggested it to me. I haven't used any other nick in years.

I am DEFINITELY making my son carry on the Pyros777 legacy. lol sounds like you have an awesome dad.

I created my name back when I was playing Ultima VIII. The titan of fire is named Pyros. The 777 is not "your lucky day", "jackpot", or "one greater than 666" like some people tend to mention. No, its just that I used this name to sign up on yahoo, and Pyros was taken, Pyros7 was taken, Pyros77 was taken, until finally Pyros777 was free. I took it, played some TFC with it, and it stuck ever since then. Wow, my online alias is almost 10 years old. :eek:

Upvote 0