• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

Anyone that has read the credits for Ostfront will know why my nick is what I use. The Fu. is shortening for Furir and not **** you as so many seem to think (learn swedish you heathens!! ;) )

But as of late I stoped using this nick when playing and started to use my old nick from Quake CTF and Quake World CT days (errr... I think it was somewhere around 1995 or something like that) it came from my insane skills with the grappling hook and in combination with that actually makes some sense (if you know swedish).

I won't tell you that nick here since I kind of enjoy the somewhat newfound anonymity on the RO servers.

Upvote 0
Maybe DeV would be so kind as to explain the meaning of his name, cos I don't get it :p ;) :D

Rather simple to be honest. I used to play a lot of games where one would make his own character and the games had announcers etc. that would always call your character (in actual talking dialog) the name you picked. There were tons of standard names in there, best of all was "Devil".

Since my characters are mostly of the more evil looking kind I picked that. From there on it kind of evolved, due to forums having the name "Devil" registered all the time and taking that with some lame number wasn't something I'd like doing. So it kind of went from "Devil" to "DeViL" to just "DeV".

Upvote 0
'Private Who?' was as low - key and anonymous as I could think of at the time. Big names like 'DeathSlayer' and all that crap are silly...so I went as far in the other direction as I could go. Been using this handle since I started online FPS gaming back with CoD1. Before that I was 'Tarheel Tom' when I flew CFS2 and CFS3. Named sorta after 'Tarheel Hal'...the famous late war P-47D.

Upvote 0
the first part is easy:

Tomcat-11.jpg.jpg

The 2nd part ha is what just came out after i typed tomcat. It could have turned into tomcat fuh for example.

Nice pic Tomcat..........of a F-14 from the "Jolly Rogers"

Myself i took my name from a U.S Soldier some of you may have heard of, David H Hackworth (sadly now dead)
When he was in the 27th Wolfhound's in korea................................."Here passes no mear mortals" was on the sign that brought him into that unit, well something like that :p
Allways had the name because he is in my mind one of the greatest "WARRIORS" the U.S Army has ever produced!

Out G the G Hack.......RIP

Upvote 0
Way back we used to play Doom and Warcraft using no real nicks. Our small group of friends started to team up with others for LAN-Parties and we were soon confronted with others using nicks instead of their own names, so we had to come up with one ourselfs.

Back then using english nicks was somewhat "in". I just watched the movie "Sneakers" and liked the ring to it, but looking up the translation for it made it quite obviously a bad choice. So I looked through the dictionary a few lines down and found "Sneaky", which had a meaning that was, by chance, quite fitting to my playstyle back then.

So I chose that and sticked to it since then for FPS games - in RTS games I switched to Schreckwurm and Dunstwolke (sorta my "training account" when I start out a game).

Upvote 0