• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

Barget

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2006
Fort Myers, FL USA
Barget, is my last name and it coincides with my in-game name. The last name has traces of French/German heritage so I found it fitting since I enjoy playing as the Germans.

BoRisthespider

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 3, 2007
My nick is BoRis, it comes from band the who and theyr song called boris the spider.
That song is so funny and stupid that i wanted to take BoRis to my "alter-ego"
hehe ^^

and that is story behind the nick!

check that song out, if u want to laugh!!!

Alkhali

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2007
I stole it from a Terry Pratchett book, because I needed an exotic sounding name and lack an imagination.

AgeAzz

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 26, 2007
i call myself ageazz or "h.s." because its the initals of my name.

because im german and english is not my native language i always wondered what native englishspeaker would think about this name...i guess its ridiculous for them.

Rising777

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2007
My name is from a book by Anne Rice. It was originally Lelio Rising. Meaning the desire to be more than ordinary. Everyone just referred to me as Rising so i dropped the first part.

Dirk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2007
My ingame name is Dee, its a name i made up in my MMO days and I still use it.

Lemur

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 28, 2006
My nick (Lem) comes from my name. Two letters from my last name and one from the first name. Lemur is basically the same, except that I changed the letter a to u for it to mean something nice.

I have used both Lemur and Lem for quite a few years already but seems that those are a bit too common these days. I might have to come up with something new in the future.

Boz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Florida
I use Boz, it is simple and short, which I thought an internet name needed to be. It comes from an 80's tv show called Rip Tide. It was a cheesy Magnum PI/Simon and Simon rip off. 2 dicks flying around in an old Sikorsky S-58T helo solving peoples problems, only they needed the help of this computer geek "the Boz and his robot friend....."RoBoz" thus I stole it for myself back in the mid 90's and have been that ever since. Seemed geeky enough for what I was about to embark on back in the early on-line gaming days. It just stuck.

Waffen-ssoldier1944

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2007
My nickname is sscommunist1944. I like the Waffen-SS in terms of its combat actions; politically i am a communist. The end of the name was to commemorate the year D-day happened. First two parts of the name seem contradictory but that's what it is. Lately though, I've been using Waffen-SSoldier1944 in other games.