• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who Do You Think Will Win This World Cup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake byte..

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006
FOXHOLE NEAR YOU
well guys it's nearly that time again. for all you guys who do not know, the world cup is being hosted by germany one of the nations that has dominated the competition over the years.. this world cup is shaping up to be a cracker and i as a scotsman have no team at the world cup again so looking to support a surrogate team again(dont tell anyone england)....I am looking forward to germany v englang at some point in the competition i honestly cannot see past either of these two teams to lift the trophy no matter what captainrio says.. the african teams have more chance than the mighty brazil but hey what do you say... let us all know....

Last edited:
King Ragnar said:
we no longer got Seaman in goal he is old and retired we now got Robinson i beleive he is much better plus Our Defence is more experienced now With the likes of Campell Terry ( Who is currently on excellent form for Chelsea ) And once again that shows Rhonaldinho, i beleive that Brazil will rely on him to much to be honest.

No way! Let's see the main brazilian "horse power":

Ronaldo:
ronaldo8.jpg

Roberto Carlos:
3fa34288927236.jpg

Adriano:
18-Adriano-Inter.jpg

Juninho (plays in Lyon, France)
339230_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Kak

Upvote 0
Quite honestly, England has almost always had a very good team on paper, but they have almost never managed to go far in the tourneys.

Don't think Greece will do much in the WC, they'll not be underestimated like in the EC any more.
Brazil is always a contender, as is Italy.

I'm hoping to see England vs. Sweden some time in the tourney, that'd be fun. It'll be fun to see what the Swedish team can do this year, if they can top the bronze from -94. It's probably the best Swedish team we've ever seen, so there's a chance :)

Upvote 0
Like the English footballer Gary Lineker once said: 'Football is a simple game in which 22 players run around after a ball and in the end Germany always wins."
During the first stage of the tournament there's no real 'killer' group with lots of big favourites in one group. So I think the more interesting games will come in the second stage. Personally, I would love to see some classic confrontations like germany-england or germany-holland.

Upvote 0
True, Germany has a pretty bad team at the moment. Probably it will play a bit better in the tournament as usual, but I rather think it will be kicked out pretty early. :eek:

Well it's hard to say who is favorite, but Brasil is probably the hotest candidate for me. Mabye it will be a team which nobody expects like Czech Republic for example. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.