Who Do You Think Will Win This World Cup...

  • Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.

fradim

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 10, 2006
60
0
0
Brazil
I'm brazilian but, honestly, I'm not so optimistic as CaptRio is: most of our best players are not playing that well - ronaldinho and kaka are exceptions. Besides, I have a strong feeling that every time we are favorites we loose :-(

fradim
 

[-project.rattus-]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
3,036
371
0
39
Austria
www.youtube.com
Lucius said:
I HAVE NO IDEA WHO IS GOING TO WIN THIS ONE! :p
Would be fair, after you missed out the last one :p

But who am I to point that out, as Austrias national team is about as good as Austrias ability to carry out a nuclear first strike... and the last WC they took part in was in 1998 IIRC.

But then, there are more important things in live than football... which brings me to the thought that I only happen to get girlfriends around football world cups... guess I should keep my eyes open, then :D
 

-=KnIfE=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
433
0
0
33
Dunstable, UK
www.silveredge.4thewww.com
I'm English.... we haven't got a hope in hell of winning, lol.

I reckon we'll go out just after the group stages.

TBH, it's always south american/eastern european teams which seem to do really well, i.e. brazil, argentina, mexico, czechoslovakia etc. etc.

for all those england fans adamant that england will win, get real, lol.

-=KnIfE=-
 

Maschine Pistole-38

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
683
0
0
34
Oregon
The World Cup needs to be like the Olympics, only held every four years. So when a match is won, there will always be a riot. Nothing like seeing Europeans beating the living **** out of each other.
 

/linuX/gitano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
316
3
0
germany
heimspielescape8uj.jpg


This is where gitano will try to escape from 9. june to 9. juli.

Hopefully.

greetz,
gitano
 

Drude

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2006
569
3
0
Finland, Helsinki
www.kt-va.org
oh lovely, it's been 4 years since I was in the army. when World Cup started in 2002, we had last larger scale battle training camp and we had 14" color tv with us.

I remember watching argentina - england in our tent, lol.
 

Bauer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2005
408
7
0
Canada
As much as it pains me to say this... I think it will be Brazil once more.

Germany has for long been my all time favourite, but unfortunately the new generation is sooooo.... green. Maybe when they get a few more WMs under their belt. Then again, everybody said the same thing at the WM and they made it to the final.

As for our US/Canadian counterparts... in order to play a game well, you have to know what it's called first. Until you folks realize it's called 'football' and not 'soccer', I doubt you'll get anywhere. :p

P.S.: I'm romanian. And currently hating Steaua. :(
 

King Ragnar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
1,026
0
0
Newcastle, UK
Bauer said:
As for our US/Canadian counterparts... in order to play a game well, you have to know what it's called first. Until you folks realize it's called 'football' and not 'soccer', I doubt you'll get anywhere. :p

lol:D
 

-SemperFi-Jenova

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 1, 2005
1,140
3
0
Maitland FL
Maschine Pistole-38 said:
The World Cup needs to be like the Olympics, only held every four years. So when a match is won, there will always be a riot. Nothing like seeing Europeans beating the living **** out of each other.

my cousin toured with coheed and cambria, they actually opened for him. his band broke up and i think he's terribly jealous of them now.


anyways, go soccer! all i know about the world cup is that when it was in the US i went to one game and that my friend got hit by a car at the same game.

HOORAY!
 

mikbhoy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2006
14
0
0
54
glasgow
i dont care who wins as long as it isnt england,ive nothing against the players but the commentators are a different matter,i mean for **** sake they still go on about 66 know what i mean.i would like to see brazil win it coz they play football the way it was meant to be played.oh and snakebyte i HOPE your NOT supporting THEM (england) wheres your pride man.:D
 

King Ragnar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
1,026
0
0
Newcastle, UK
mikbhoy said:
i dont care who wins as long as it isnt england,ive nothing against the players but the commentators are a different matter,i mean for **** sake they still go on about 66 know what i mean.i would like to see brazil win it coz they play football the way it was meant to be played.oh and snakebyte i HOPE your NOT supporting THEM (england) wheres your pride man.:D

Well he should support something i mean is scotland even in the group stage?
:p

Looks like we ( england ) have lost Rooney and possibly Owen, oh noes:mad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.