• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Whitelisted mutator got unranked in these conditions

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
White listed mutator is unranked in these conditions:

1 / Install the mutator with Steam Workshop for Server. Load mutator after installation and server restart. Server is unranked with a supposedly white listed mutator. You need to have the mutator NOT installed with the server workshop feature, and placed in KFGame/BrewedPC/ in order for it to be white listed.

2 / On a fresh server install, a file is missing, the file /Binaries/Win64/balance_tweaks.bin and without this file the server is unranked when you load the mutator whatever the way you installed or loaded the mutator. I guess this file is generated at some point when players play a game on the server, but that would have avoided me two days of searching reinstalling and in the end countless hours figuring out this... Maybe make white listed mutator white listed on fresh server files would not be a bad thing.

Reactions: Patros and bviktor
Thanks a lot for investigating, omano, much appreciated.

TW, please fix this in the next patch, this is extremely frustrating and almost impossible to solve without constant manual hacking.

I added support for mutators in my server installer, but this is causing me headaches. I'm really not sure how to fix this without asking users to copy their own .bin file manually to the server, which somewhat defeats the purpose of an automated installer...

Upvote 0
Here is this specific file attached to my message, I currently host two servers, my own did not have this file modified since 12.28.2018, and the other server had its file modified 5 days ago on 2.1.2019 and both files on both servers are exactly identical I verified and they perfectly match bit per bit. Both servers are always running. If someone at Tripwire can at least enlighten us on how/when and in which condition this file is generated/modified on servers that would at least help a lot (before of course eventually fixing this problem).

Kittenmittens

Attachments

• balance_tweaks.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Patros and bviktor
Upvote 0