• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WHITELISTED] IJC WeaponPack (Ivan & Jack Carver)

I dont think so, personally it would break my adrenaline rush. Knowing, i can easily take em down wont gonna bring up any challange's. If i could i would drop this pistol and get more ammo instead. :D

Running and aligning them to take out much more has u can is my personal fun. It would be useless to get 2 pistol's and a wicked sniper without using it.
"Beside taking out Fleshpound's and Scrake's".

I dont say ur wrong and im right. Just my point :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I happen to like the IJC weapon pack a lot. Many thanks for the new weapons.

My only complaint is the M99. It weighs 13 blocks, as heavy as the LAW Rocket Launcher. With only 25 shots, I feel that the M99 needs rebalancing, say drop 1 weight block from 13 to 12. It'll allows the Sharp to carry a .44 Magnum and be more useful than solely dropping the big targets. (Not to mention the slow reload, but my gripe is with the weight.)

I personally don't like that idea as it's made for killing scrakes/flesh pounds. You obviously don't use your 9mm properly/at all by the sounds of it :p

Upvote 0
I tried uploading V27 from the front page on my server and it end up crashing it. Is this an issue with anyone else? If it is and I missed something, please excuse me as it is getting late here.

Can you please explain your problem more precisely? Or you can also send me the log. Normaly it should work fine, have you selected the IJC + BD Mut? If so you have to install also the latest version of BD Hunting Rifle.

@EonSeig:
We do know this problem, but we have not found a way around it. You will get always the support so you cant spwan with a non IJC Perk, this pretty hard to explain.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/member.php?u=27426

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Precise problem: It is the only thing in my server packages next to BDHuntingRifle and the IJC system files. I try to boot server and it spams my log with this.

Uninitialized: Log file open, 01/16/12 11:56:56
Uninitialized: STEAMAUTH : SteamAPI_Init failed
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0 (Build: 6001)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Jan 4 2012 15:40:55
Init: Command line: KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?MaxPlayers=6?multihome=74.122.192.130
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: C:\UserFiles\Slavek\GameServers\TC22084406351353701333003\system\
Init: Ini:KillingFloor.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?MaxPlayers=6?multihome=74.122.192.130
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 54178->54177; refs: 696718
Log: Game class is 'KFGameType'
Critical: InPos>Size in FFileManagerWindows. This error is probably due to either your computer overheating, or a corrupted installation of your game. If this error persists, please try re-installing the game.
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: FArchiveFileReader::Seek
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Seek
Critical: LoadImportMap
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport
Critical: ValidateImports
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Verify
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: UGameEngine::BuildServerMasterMap
Critical: ULevel::Listen
Critical: Listen
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 103 MByte 692 KByte 741 Bytes from HD took 0.585998 seconds (0.468998 reading, 0.117000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.032000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 01/16/12 11:57:00
I would think it may be corrupted file on my server but I have tried re-uploading with no fix.

Edit: Tried with fresh INI too.

Edit2: I am not running a mut. I simply added it to server packages. and then I can't boot server. Is the mut required for these weapons to run? With a quick skim through code I thought the mut was just to add weapons to shop/add perk benefits. However I have a custom perk setup ready for my server so I don't wish to use the IJCperks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally don't like that idea as it's made for killing scrakes/flesh pounds. You obviously don't use your 9mm properly/at all by the sounds of it :p

Oh believe me you that I use my 9mm pistol A LOT, especially when I'm playing on suicidal. I prefer using the 9mm to taking out the trash due to its better iron sights and more shots in the magazine compared to the handcannon if I'm holding out, coupled with a xbow. I just think a 13-kilo sniper rifle is a bit... too much.

Anyone have the damage values/table for the M99? I'd be interested to know if a M99 can take down a FP in 1 shot given the # of players and difficulty setting.

Upvote 0
I sometimes wonder if the weight should be reduced. Even with clanmates talking on ventrillo, i often have to swap it out to save myself, at which point the 9mm is less useful, or stay way back in a campers corner. in which case you don't use anything but m99. I wish we could make it only... um, 11? which gives a total of 12 and allows the use of a mk23 (or a pair i guess). I highly doubt that would kill balance but it would definately make playing with the m99 much more fun.

Also, i played a modded version on a pub server with a 5shot box mag. the anims and stuff were the same, the guys just added 5 per reload. That was hilariously overpowered and soo much fun.

Upvote 0
Oh believe me you that I use my 9mm pistol A LOT, especially when I'm playing on suicidal. I prefer using the 9mm to taking out the trash due to its better iron sights and more shots in the magazine compared to the handcannon if I'm holding out, coupled with a xbow. I just think a 13-kilo sniper rifle is a bit... too much.

Anyone have the damage values/table for the M99? I'd be interested to know if a M99 can take down a FP in 1 shot given the # of players and difficulty setting.
Actually the m99 was balanced enough so you would have to headshot and then have a 9mm (not sure if headshot) to kill an FP outright. This is with 6 players HoE.

Upvote 0
I was only just trying to remember what Aze's idea was a long time ago which is why I said I think ;) Well atleast you know roughly what it is :)

Heh ^^

Speaking of that, are you gonna rebalance the M99 to my values? :eek:

On top of that, it seems like a lot of people look at it as a little underpowered in terms of weight / ammo. How about either increasing ammo to 30, or reduce its weight by 1 or 2 points, so you can at least carry the Magnum (if it ever goes back to being 2 weight again that is -.-)

Upvote 0
Like i touched on a post ago - i don't know if the word underpowered is correct - it certaintly kills what it needs to kill, better than anything else. the only issue is, if you select this gun, just like the law, there is little to do. The game gets a tad stale, because the only time you shoot is when your overrun or there's a target of import. The fun-factor dies a bit (once you get over the novelty of the m99 that is). Using the 9mm is fun, but still not as engaging as an upper tier gun, even if its just another handgun.

Upvote 0
Im not sure if my post will be valid as my testings have been done through a 12 player server but i'll shoot anyway. It seems like there is a HUGE damage difference. A lot of people have complained about how much of a drop in damage that has been changed which has now made it almost pointless to carry when there is a crossbow that can do the job for price per damage. I think a little damage vamping will be the best bet as this is a barret .50cal that is ment to destroy absolutely everything. I like the idea of having the weight so much as you're dedicated to be a bad-boy killer and nothing else. Using the 9mm is a must and that is how a pure sniper should be, a sniper and his best friend, the pistol (not two in this case). I liked the whole idea of having a single shot to the Scrakes a bit more as this was one mighty power hungry weapon and I liked seeing someone hold it (me or others) as it made me feel safe. At this point it doesn't like it use to.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Flashlight bugs been there forever, but the support is just you. I just checked, its not me :p I do find that KF tends to make your perk whatever it was when you last checked your profile/stats/perks off of teh home menu - if you go there, check support, hit save (which is the "back button" essentially for that screen) it tends to default to support. JIC you did that.
but the IJC isn't to blame for that.

No, it obviously was IJC.

Upvote 0
You mention a fix which I didn't do but I should, though there are quotes that don't make me do it;

Same sheet with always support for me.

One person confirms.

Um, no. It is definitely IJC causing everyone to set as Support when a map loads. Every single player who joins an IJC server will be set to Support, every single time. It is not just him.

And then another in a more elaborate way.

@EonSeig:
We do know this problem, but we have not found a way around it. You will get always the support so you cant spwan with a non IJC Perk, this pretty hard to explain.

And Ivan apparently confirms this but says there's no fix for it because they don't know it.

I'm telling you, right now, that its not. I tried the minute you said that, to see, and got 3 different perks. I have all the newest versions. Didn't have the problem at all.

Then you say you don't have it and it's not IJC, just Killing Floor itself, strange.

I'm not arguing here and not looking for one (But why should I anyway?), just saying the problem seems to be well known, but you're lucky not to have it.

I'll see if what you did really fixes it, though I'm not very sure. You should make a quick, specific and easy tutorial to fix this, don't you think? The one you gave me, because I'm not that "fond reader", will mostly misunderstand some words.

Upvote 0