Whitelist Request - More Damage Mutator

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

fluud

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 12, 2020
More Damage mutator simply adds 15% more damage to certain damage types. The full list of damage types affected can be viewed in the mod's Steam Workshop or GitHub pages.

Steam Workshop link:

GitHub link (source code):

Compiled mod direct download:

Bromley

Jun 12, 2017
I can vouch for this mod as a server operator. We ran a mod that did pretty much the exact same thing before Whitelisting was broken years ago. In fact, our server was created with the sole purpose of running this mod. It would mean a great deal to my community and many other communities that also ran this mod before whitelisting was broken.

Three thumbs up!

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
Meh... I don't really see the goal of such a mod. Simplicity CAN be a good thing. But just having a flat 15% boost is quite boring, even more so considering many players already feel that the game is too easy already. Even the few weapons and/or perks that are a bit weak should instead... get buffs. Rather than having an extra 15% for everything and everyone.

But oh well, as long as some people like it I suppose.

Nitronik

Dec 13, 2014
Meh... I don't really see the goal of such a mod. Simplicity CAN be a good thing. But just having a flat 15% boost is quite boring, even more so considering many players already feel that the game is too easy already. Even the few weapons and/or perks that are a bit weak should instead... get buffs. Rather than having an extra 15% for everything and everyone.

But oh well, as long as some people like it I suppose.
I'll chime in as the author of the old version of this mutator - the higher lethality ironically levels out the playing field a lot better, as now even the worse guns pack a respectable punch, while the top dogs are gonna hit a performance wall

It leads to a fair few less "BS! He should've died!" moments , especially as players now consistently drop with one shot *at close range only* (longer range combat should mostly remain unaffected)

I also gotta add - seeing someone take up the mantle and work on their own spin of More Damage came as a surprise :D

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
This has been passed along for review.

Bromley

Jun 12, 2017
any chance this gets whitelisted before holidays? It would be a great holiday gift