• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

White listing removed?

A Civil Engineer

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
New York
Sorry for asking this obvious question, but I can not get to my home computer, and I saw that white listing was removed for all maps and things. Can someone verify this, because if this is true, besides the fact that many people will be farming, I find this great because now I can play on all maps and not worry about stats not counting.

Sorry for asking this obvious question, but I can not get to my home computer, and I saw that white listing was removed for all maps and things. Can someone verify this, because if this is true, besides the fact that many people will be farming, I find this great because now I can play on all maps and not worry about stats not counting.

You sure it wasn't greylisting?

[EDIT] Oh hello Yoshiro seems you beat me to the punch.

Upvote 0
Test map all day urreday? Oh! What about that old map with the zombie pit and tons of weapons around the edge of it? :D
KF-ThePit has been whitelisted for as long as I can remember.

But yeah, all maps are whitelisted. Any perk progression you make with greylisted mutators will reset upon leaving the game. Perk progression with all whitelisted mutators and any map will stay though.

Thanks yet again TWI. Making good measures to support the mod community.

Upvote 0
leveling for new people will be how ever easier!

i dont know if this is bad or good yet! time will show when new level6s will join sui/hoe servers

Doesn't matter if they are level 1 or level 6 they still will be good or bad depending on their performance. Once they realize they cannot do better with their lvl 6 perks in harder games they will probably actually learn the game properly. That or or start aimbotting which if I recall kf servers are still VAC protected right?

Upvote 0
I think removing the map whitelist is a good decision. Maybe the community-made maps will be played more often now.
Those who wanted to grind their perks to level 6 could do it already on some maps anyway, or just by using cheating programs (I've seen a level 6 firebug with 30 hours of total playtime).

To be honest I think the whitelist just needs to go. You pretty much said it people can cheat their way to their perks without needing a whitelisted server.

I understand how well it has helped make perk leveling fair but people still do have methods to getting around it sadly. Its better to let them learn from their mistakes when they realize they cannot win by cheating when a fleshpound grinder goes up their ***.

VAC covers the other forms of cheating anyway and if people have undetected programs someone could always invest their time into making a new anti cheat system. Hell tf2 got Kigen Anti Cheat.

Upvote 0
good move, maps shouldn't be the choice of either skill progression or fun, it should just be there anyhow 24/7. Weapons in the whitelisted group is great as I know some players with lack of creatvity or fun in their life will just grab a 9999 damaging pistol and think 'that's cool', then plopping into a Sui/HoE group. This is unacceptable. Good work.

Upvote 0