• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which ZED gun is better?

The MK2 is more reliable in every confusing situation. You can stun every zed (except the FP) with one ball, two required for FPs. The MK1 is more useful imho in the fight with the Patriarch, where you need to keep zapping him with the alt-fire of the MK1 to stun him. I think they can cooperate well, if you're skilled enough with them you can keep stunning enemies for a prolonged period of time.

Upvote 0
This pack was on greenmangaming.com or something for only 2$. But I guess most people didn't know about it even when somebody posted it.
Impossible. The DLC pack hasn't been on sale, theres no way gmg would sell something for 25% of what they bought it for.

not realy. zed v2 is lighter, and a lot cheaper.
And a lot more worthless.

It's way faster to freeze zeds with it compared to zed
Can't stasis pat without multiple people having it (buggy even still). You shouldn't be wasting stasis on anything besides scrakes / fp's / pat anyway. So out of the 3 specimen that matter, the 2.0 is worthless on 2 of those specimen.

Upvote 0
Impossible. The DLC pack hasn't been on sale, theres no way gmg would sell something for 25% of what they bought it for.

but it was on sale. [url]http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1q6qwm/gmg_new_us_vs_them_weapon_pack_199/[/URL]

i got it for free. $1.60 with the coupon and paid with credit at gmg. i doubt they sell at loss. they probably had the go ahead / publisher sale agreement from TWI and make like 5% margins on it compared to steam's 30% margin.

Upvote 0
Can't stasis pat without multiple people having it (buggy even still). You shouldn't be wasting stasis on anything besides scrakes / fp's / pat anyway. So out of the 3 specimen that matter, the 2.0 is worthless on 2 of those specimen.

But the beauty of that is Pat is only on Wave 10.

It's not worthless on 2, it's worthless on Pat, who is only on wave 10.

anyways, Pros and Con list (Note that these are NOT subjective pros or cons/opinions, rather straight facts)

Pros over Zed Gun Mk. I

• Faster firerate
  • Easier to use and faster Stasis function (Simply aim at a group or at a specimen and press M2 once while the Mk. I requires constant aiming at a Specimen)
  • Costs 750 quid, compared to the Mk. I which costs more than twice as much (2000 quid)
  • Weighs less (2 slots less I believe? correct me if im wrong)
  • Is available to anybody, no matter when they started playing the game

Downsides compared to Mk. II

• Only has a beeping function, which is nowhere near as useful as the radar
  • Can't Stasis the Pat on its own

Up in the air (Haven't tested the numbers yet)
  • Reload speed compared to ammo count
  • Straight damage compared to DPS

As it stands, the Mk. II is better in most situations, bar the final wave against Patty. However, that's where the Mk. I stands out, due to its large cost, ability to see Pat while he's cloaked and where he is, and ability to Stasis Pat. Whether or not the Mk. II also serves as a good side-weapon or is only useful for the Stasis and detection, or is better for straight-up damage compared to the Mk. I.

Upvote 0
If you like the new one better more power to you; for the perks I use it on (medic and zerker) the original completely outshines the downsized version except, as I mentioned, the price. There's no arguing there - 750 is much more reasonable.

Price aside though I just find the original to be more effective; 100 rounds per reload is astonishing, regardless of the slightly lesser firing rate - and typically I don't use either model unless it's a later wave in a game.

100 rounds pretty much eliminates need to care in regards to the slow reload. You only ever have to reload 2 or 3 times - who cares how slow it is?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But I guess most people didn't know about it even when somebody posted it.
Yeah, believe that was me, posted here. Was really odd how they had the new DLC for 75% and older DLC for %50 off, I certainly didn't complain though. :D
I don't mind ZED 2 but I don't really see the point of its existence, could have been a new weapon rather than a rehash, meh. Rather than mk 2 should be called Mini-ZED considering its performance.

Upvote 0
But the beauty of that is Pat is only on Wave 10.
and scrakes and fleshpounds are on 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

It's not worthless on 2, it's worthless on Pat, who is only on wave 10.
Its worthless on fleshpounds unless you never use anything but its alt fire. Even then, the 1.0 can stasis it in about the same time, with ammo to spare.

anyways, Pros and Con list (Note that these are NOT subjective pros or cons/opinions, rather straight facts)

Pros over Zed Gun Mk. I

• Faster firerate yes
  • Easier to use and faster Stasis function (Simply aim at a group or at a specimen and press M2 once while the Mk. I requires constant aiming at a Specimen) Why would you stasis anything below a scrake / FP? Also sirens can cancel it.
  • Costs 750 quid, compared to the Mk. I which costs more than twice as much (2000 quid) less money is hardly a pro, but whatevs
  • Weighs less (2 slots less I believe? correct me if im wrong) correct
  • Is available to anybody, no matter when they started playing the game We're coming up on Xmas again, I'm sure the 1.0 will return

Downsides compared to Mk. II

• Only has a beeping function, which is nowhere near as useful as the radar massive downside
  • Can't Stasis the Pat on its own a very important and redeeming trait

Up in the air (Haven't tested the numbers yet)
  • Reload speed compared to ammo count v1 is way faster then
  • Straight damage compared to DPS Higher damage and DPS

As it stands, the Mk. II is better in most situations, bar the final wave against Patty.
I think you accidentally added an extra I there. The Mk. I is better, always.

However, that's where the Mk. I stands out, due to its large cost, ability to see Pat while he's cloaked and where he is, and ability to Stasis Pat.
Yes.
Whether or not the Mk. II also serves as a good side-weapon or is only useful for the Stasis and detection, or is better for straight-up damage compared to the Mk. I.
Mk II is not more useful in any of those aspects. Its only actual pros you listed that were correct were price and weight.

Upvote 0
It's hard to say which is better to me. They are better for different reasons and are better at different times. To me it's less about which is better, and what is the most appropriate time/loadout to use each for. I think both are definitely worth owning.

The biggest issue of the Mk I to me is that the stasis alt-fire is so easily blocked. Every game I use the Mk I in, or any game I see someone use it in, someone blocks the stasis at some point with their fat booty. Of course, you can't always tell this, because someone even standing barely on your screen next to you will cancel it out, but the beam, on your end, will continue just fine, making sure you're none the wiser that it isn't working until that raged FP punches the poor armorless Commando and you're sitting there like, "C'MON, I HAD HIM".

For the Mk II, I've never had a problem with players being in the way. I simply jump, alt-fire once or twice quickly and boom, everyone's sack, saved instantly.

Overall I think the Mk I's alt-fire is more useful, as you can keep a whole terrible horde statis'd for a while as opposed to the Mk II's shortened duration. I've had many games where we got 4 Scrakes, 2 Fleshpounds and a bunch of other nightmares that would have cleaned us out like an enema, but the Mk I's alt-fire kept everything stasis'd for around a full minute or so while everyone scrambled to reload and spam down everything. Lazy button/sack saving button.

But the Mk II's alt-fire can be just as useful for how quick it is. I've seen so many Support and Demo panic nades, panic Flamethrower, panic m32 and it ended up raging 1-3 Scrakes at the same time. Often times they are too close for the Mk I to have enough time to stasis, not to mention potential phat booties twerking in the way. The Mk II excels here. With a simple click you got all 3 instantly.

In terms of offensive power, Mk I all day, err day. Mk II is okay, but really to me, the Mk II is only good for the alt-fire. IMO, the primary of the Mk II should only be used when other guns aren't reloaded, or have no ammo in them, or you need to shoot stuff and that's your only close range weapon. Mk I is Nerf Ball LMG mode activated, and it's F***ING AWESOME. It's soooo fun to use. I love the games where we all have a Mk I. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW. SORRY ARE YOU TALKING, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER US DEFENDING FREEDOM.

The Mk II's weight and price are another thing that make it appealing. It snuggles in nicely with a lot of perks and loadouts. I do however, think the Mk I is always better for Medic. 2 Medguns and an Mk II on the same slot is just ew. But 2 Medguns and a Mk I is mmhmm, you fancy now. I personally prefer the Mk II for Commando and Support. For Commando I like that I can have a handgun and an assault rifle in addition to the Mk II. Hsg-1, Machete, Mk II and Hunting is a mighty fine loadout. Or one I am partial to, Mk II, m32, Hunting. I think it's also fun to put in a Sharpshooter loadout that contains one hand gun and the Musket. Mk II, m32 and Pipes is another fun Demo loadout. Can be useful if there's a Scrake with a Fleshpound holding hands and coming to you.

And the radar on the Mk I is clearly better.

Mk I is also always more useful on Pat. However, I think if you fire the Mk II's alt-fire at Pat then use the Mk I's alt-fire, it might take less ammo. Not entirely sure. If that's the case, it can be pretty useful to have both.

Key to my armor's new paint job, I'd have to say the Mk I is better overall, but that's only if my hand is forced. I really do think both are super fun and very useful for slightly different reasons. It's really about your place style, your camp spot/kite path, your perk, and your loadout for which one you should use. One is not always better than the other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mk I is Nerf Ball LMG mode activated, and it's F***ING AWESOME. It's soooo fun to use. I love the games where we all have a Mk I. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW. SORRY ARE YOU TALKING, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER US DEFENDING FREEDOM.

I think I just wet myself laughing - awesome description of the general experience!

Upvote 0