• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which ZED gun is better?

I would have to agree it sucks in the hands of particular perks - for example it's just a waste of available weight for something like a Demo or Firebug.
You might want to rethink that.

[url]http://youtu.be/Avm1MiiWur8[/URL]

Actually, you can stunlock and kill like 4-5 scrakes at once with a flame grenade and zed gun. And it's one of the reasons why it sucks.

Upvote 0
Y'alls quit hatin on the ZEDs
It's soooo fun to use. I love the games where we all have a Mk I. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW. SORRY ARE YOU TALKING, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER US DEFENDING FREEDOM.
I really do think both are super fun and very useful for slightly different reasons. It's really about your place style, your camp spot/kite path, your perk, and your loadout for which one you should use. One is not always better than the other.
This makes your arguement invalid.
All of the arguements
ever.

Upvote 0
If you think something sucks, you should give a good ression why you think so.
^ lol your talking to Poosh, do you know what he does on these forums (specifically the modding section). If he says it sucks, thats all he needs to say.

I myself never use the ZED unless im playing for the lulz or showing off to n3wbz.

Also i found it a terrible idea to release a free limited time weapon as part of a DLC.
You might want to rethink that.

[url]http://youtu.be/Avm1MiiWur8[/URL]

Actually, you can stunlock and kill like 4-5 scrakes at once with a flame grenade and zed gun. And it's one of the reasons why it sucks.
(Dat YT edit video)
Whoa, that really sucks! Does it work the same way with Medinades?

Upvote 0
After messing around with the mkII I can agree that pre-Patty wave the alt fire definately is very effective due to its instant stasis function.

I just don't really like the 30 shot capacity - so you basically need to choose to either use it for a dedicated function as a secondary weapon or a stun weapon - not enough rounds to support both functions simultaneously in my opinion.

Works nice though as a secondary for medic though I must say...

Upvote 0
Mk.I is betta it has radar and can stasis the patriarch! NOooOoo Mk. II is betta it weighs less and has an insta confuse orb!

Spoiler!

They each excel in different situations and have their own benefits/drawbacks.

Use your head.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ZED one is stupid useful for the pat wave. Get the pat slowed and the demos can have fun. Almost everytime instant win, no revives. It pairs best with the medic class so you can tank a hit if he tries a hit and run on his flighty exit.

Zed 2 is fun to derp around with but I don't see much use in it if you are playing seriously HARDCORE..\m/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For everything the 2.0 does, the 1.0 does better in every possible situation.

Nothing in the most recent DLC pack is worth it, certainly not at $2 each.

This. This is godd*mn accurate.

ZED Gun Mk2.0:
*6 blocks of weight; can be carried by a Zerk, Commando, Medic, Firebug and a Support without sacrificing huge firepower or utility.
*Envelopes Scrakes and anything below with one stasis ball
*Envelopes Fleshpounds with 2 stasis balls
*Passes through players and only affects specimen.
But:
*Siren scream can disable the stasis balls effect
*Completely useless against Patriarch unlike normal ZED gun.
*Big ZEDs will become resistant against it once enveloped from stasis field
*Less damage per plasma shot compared to normal ZED gun

ZED Gun Mk1.0:
*8 blocks of weight only allows it to be carried by Medic and Commando without sacrificing huge firepower or utility.
*Envelopes Scrakes and Fleshpound but it requires you to stable the stasis laser on their head
*Useful against Patriarch and Patriarch cannot develop resistance to it. Each time you disable him successfully, he'll get in the stasis field easier next time.
*Big zeds develop resistance to it after you disable them "twice" before
But:
*Other players can block the stasis laser resetting it all over again.
*Cannot be carried by other classes than Medic and 'mando without sacrificing something.
*Heavier plasma shot recoil

Upvote 0