• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which three weapons would you like added?

Vapid

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Pick any three - and only three - and explain your choices. Ideally try to pick weapons which do not overlap too much with existing KF2 weapons. Personally I do not think that variety simply for variety's sake is always a good idea - i.e. numerous near-identical pistols or shotguns.

Also, make sure to assign each choice to a particular perk.

Hopefully, we should see some overlap among choices, and so TWI can get a good idea of which weapons people would like to see.

Note: Please exclude the Lever-action Rifle and Crossbow, as we know these are in development.

I'll go with:

Weapon: Boys anti-tank rifle
Perk: Sharpshooter (will presumably be added soon?)

It shouldn't be too difficult to add a Boys, which could have similar mechanics to the AT rifles in RO2. Basically a very powerful high-caliber armour-piercing round fired from a large, heavy scopeless rifle. Best used when kneeling down (less sway, easier to aim) and cannot be used quickly, so generally requires you to be at range and ideally protected by other players. The AP round should be able to travel through multiple Zeds before hitting a solid surface; low-level Zeds will be gibbed (i.e. you can take out multiple Cysts, Clots and Stalkers if they're single-file) whereas most mid-level Zeds can be headshotted. I think maybe two or three headshots against a Scrake? You get the idea.

I think the Boys would add a lot to the game, be a totally unique kind of weapon and one that due to its weight, slow rate of fire and small magazine size would be difficult to 'spam' so much as to be overpowered.

Weapon: Flare gun
Perk: Firebug

A single-shot weapon, similar to the HX25 Grenade Pistol. The default mode would fire a single illuminating flare that will stick to a surface and provide a burning light; enough to light up darkened outside areas (i.e. Farm, Black Forest) for about twenty seconds, thereby providing genuine utility as an actual flare. If the flare hits a Zed, it will stick to them and burn, killing low-level Zeds quite quickly (so you could use it similarly to the HX25 against groups of Clots, though without an explosion) and providing decent damage against larger Zeds. For balance purposes, you could perhaps reduce the burn time of a flare attached to a Zed to ten seconds (half).

For example, a flare stuck to a Scrake's face would a) light him (and surrounding Zeds) up thereby allowing team mates to see he is a priority target, b) damage him over time, and c) look really funny. :IS2:

Weapon: Fireworks
Perk: Firebug

I'm trying to think outside the box a bit here, and I wanted a weapon which combined novelty, practicality and KF's sense of humour. These aren't fired from a launcher of any kind as I don't want a weapon too similar to the RPG, but traditional hand-held fireworks. Cheap but nasty, and quite difficult to use well. The idea is that they work as timed incendiary explosives, so you'd go to an area in which you're anticipating a horde of Zeds to appear, place a firework on the floor, light it and run. Once the fuse runs out, the fireworks explode with some hopefully epic sound and lighting effects, gibbing weaker Zeds and damaging stronger ones. All Zeds in the vicinity would be set alight, and so those that survive would take residual damage over time.

Thoughts?

1. M32 because demo needs some classic KF1 firepower.
2. Husk Gun KF2 version because it is just an amazing and fun weapon.
3. Rocket sledge to make zeds fly! (Yes it is from Fallout 4).

And I think there will be some kind of anti-material sniper rifle. Flare gun might be added at some point too.

Upvote 0
1. M32 because demo needs some classic KF1 firepower.
2. Husk Gun KF2 version because it is just an amazing and fun weapon.
3. Rocket sledge to make zeds fly! (Yes it is from Fallout 4).

And I think there will be some kind of anti-material sniper rifle. Flare gun might be added at some point too.

I'll be surprised (and happy) if we get both the flares and the husk weapon back for FB.

Another vote for m32 though.

Upvote 0
R.I.P. M32

The problem is just that the fleshpound in its current state (1024) takes around 20 rounds of 40 mm grenades to kill. (M79 and M32 use the same rounds.)

Now you will say, well demo is too weak anyways, let's just give him more boom.

But the main problem is not that the fleshpound is too tough, the main problem is why TWI made him the way it is. And that is because of the general dynamics. The player movement speed especially since being able to sprint is gamebreaking. TWI tried to counter the game being too easy with making the fleshpound supertough.

What this game needs is not bigger guns.

It needs rethinking of that concept of making it difficult to hold a position in a not cheesy way and on the other hand trying to counter the overpowered movement speeds. Forcing down these super action movement dynamically spam gameplay is what makes this game not as much fun as KF1 is.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Splitting Maul Splitting_Maul_8_5101ac1d8ce80.jpg
Perk: Berserker
Part Maul. Part Axe. For the heavy-duty lovers.
As all Berserkers have noticed so far, there are lots of zeds who are resistant to damage types - in our case - Blunt and Slash resistance. Bloats go down in one normal hit to the head with the crovel/knife and other slashing weapons yet they stumble everywhere when you smash their head in with the hammer.
Crawlers roll around when they get poked with the Zwei yet they stay face-flat to the ground when they get squished with the hammer.

TL;DR Zerk has a portable choice between Slash and Blunt damage dealing which makes him more efficient.

Weapon: Horzine Kickboxing Kit 41BFujZVRDL._SY355_.jpg Knight-Rider-Motocross-Motorcycle-Skiing-Off-Road-Knee-leg-Guard-Pads-Protectors.jpg
Perk: Berserker/Martial Artist

Probably the most difficult to implement into the game but probably the most fun to have.
Who wouldn't love to run around and show their fancy fists and feet of fury.
Punching a scrake to the face and then running away or experiencing a Zed-time as a level 25, landing consecutive blows to a fleshpound, possibly eradicating its facial signs.
If TWI made some sci-fi modifications to the kit as they did with the hammer, i guess it would be worth it...?
It sounds useless right now but we have yet to see the Martial Artist. Have high hopes for that Perk.

TL;DR Speaks for itself. Hands and feet protectors which enhance your movement/hitting speed and power. Horzine secret recipe.

Weapon: HK OICW KE Phase III db8cb78241810632892ff0d3bd76f9d1.jpg
Perk: Commando

Delta Force: Land Warrior fans - Emerge!
It looks absolutely atrocious, I understand most of you.
But do admit, it has a certain charm to it, with its bulk-ish image.
It's top barrel is actually a High Explosives firing barrel. Yes, we can use that to launch our grenades or possibly have an additional ammo/firing mechanism to this weapon.
The caliber fired is actually the same as the caliber of a m16 which is the same caliber as the SCAR-H.
In a nutshell, it could be a great addition to the RIFLES family, delivering that extra explosive help, especially when there are heaps of zeds swarming you and you're low on ammunition.

TL;DR SCAR-H ammo + Explosives Barrel = ye old M4 203 grenade launcher... with less recoil and action

In addition, I completely support your weapon suggestion: Boys-anti-tank rifle. I was hoping for it to make an appearance as the sharpshooter's last tier but alas it won't.

Adding to that, The Flare gun sound like a good idea - Some Horzine modification - shooting flares which shower light in a certain area and set fire to said area and stick to zeds.

Finally, the fireworks do need a bit of modification. Current fireworks aren't that dangerous(unless there are special types which are just stuffed with gunpowder) and won't be able to cause severe limb/organ damage. Nevertheless, they could be used for a fair light source, or distract certain types of zeds

Great thread btw, will follow.

Attachments

• OICW_Posted_arm.jpg
    OICW_Posted_arm.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
-Double-Barrel Elephant Gun
The most reasonable Sharpshooter T4, in my opinion. Light enough to carry around and shoulder, actually designed for use at close range against large charging creatures? Perfect fit. It would be great for an old-fashioned-themed Sharpshooter. Also, two barrels would be a step away from annoying all-or-nothing gameplay like the M99 in KF1.

-Enfield MkIII*
The prettiest Enfield and as British as tea itself. It would be a great Sharpshooter T2, because it improves on the damage and reload speed of the Lever Action, without being as much of a step up as an M-14, for instance. It could also have a Bayoneted version, making it a great crossover weapon for a Melee-focused perk.

-P30
I know you said it should be different from existing weapons, but I would love a choice in 9mm pistol. If we can choose everything else, and must have a 9mm, why not have another choice or 2? Part cosmetic, part sidegrade. This, for instance, could have nicer sights but worse recoil.

Clumy Coyote- the M-16 is actually in 5.56, and the SCAR-H is in 7.62, which are very different cartridges. For example, the L85 in-game also uses 5.56.

An assault rifle with a grenade launcher was a very close 4th choice for me, by the way.

Upvote 0
@RoastinGhost

I think some sort of elephant gun is very likely going to be the T4 Sharpshooter weapon. I'd prefer an anti-tank rifle personally, but I'd settle for an elephant gun for the reasons you give.

A Lee-Enfield rifle would be awesome. I hope it happens.

@Clumy Coyote

Interesting ideas, although I'm not sure how the martial arts stuff would work. It'll certainly be interesting to see how that particular perk ends up working out. I wonder what else it'll get... nunchucks, perhaps?

Upvote 0
Game still needs a Vz 58. So awesome yet so criminally underrated in video games.

I think it could also interesting if Berserker gained access to a single shot/bolt action rifle with an attached bayonet. Mosin Nagant, Trapdoor Springfield, Krag Jorgensen, etc.

In general I'd also like to see more area denial gadgets/weaponry, not necessarily to kill but rather to snare or slow.

Upvote 0
@ Clumy Coyote : the oicw xm29 was in soldier of fortune 2, the first fps i played on pc. it is not good looking but it is a very good weapon. it can use a g-36 rifle or a mp7 under the grenade launcher and it has a very sophisticated optic.

3 weapons list, only for commando, maybe swat :

famas, galil, g-36. and i would love the fal back as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Johnson Model 1941 LMG
Perk: Commando

The idea is to give him something a bit bigger then what he already has access to.
Mag: 20 rounds by default.

Special:
Extra magazine size.
Most guns have a magazine and then they can have a single bullet in the chamber, the Johnson has the capacity to hold 5 extra bullets in the housing.
See: https://youtu.be/vf40tHdKmno?t=418[url]https://youtu.be/vf40tHdKmno?t=418[/URL]

Alt fire:

1. Either the option to change between single/full auto
  2. Or the option to use a stripper clip to add 5 bullets to the magazine.
The reason that I'm not sure what alt fire it should have is because if it doesn't have the option to change it's fire-mode, it will break the consistency with the other commando weapons, however it also seems like a waste to not use the "feature" of the Johnson LMG

Schulhof Bolt action rifle
Perk: Sharpshooter

Think LAR from KF1, but as a bolt action rifle instead of a lever action rifle, so there's a short delay between each shot as you work the action.
Magazine size: 9 + 1 in the chamber (see special)
I was mostly thinking of this weapon as a replacement for the LAR before knowing for sure that we would get the LAR.

Special:
Magazine cut off.
Allows the user to engage the magazine cut off, which will make the user single load the rifle, to save the magazine for later use.

Alt fire:
Engage or disengage the cut off.

Third weapon:
Not sure.
Either the Pedersen Selfloading Rifle or a Mars Automatic Pistol
If for no other reason then to see them is zed time.

Upvote 0
Weapon: Splitting Axe View attachment 17106
Perk: Berserker
Part Maul. Part Axe. For the heavy-duty lovers.
As all Berserkers have noticed so far, there are lots of zeds who are resistant to damage types - in our case - Blunt and Slash resistance. Bloats go down in one normal hit to the head with the crovel/knife and other slashing weapons yet they stumble everywhere when you smash their head in with the hammer.
Crawlers roll around when they get poked with the Zwei yet they stay face-flat to the ground when they get squished with the hammer.

TL;DR Zerk has a portable choice between Slash and Blunt damage dealing which makes him more efficient.

This is a fantastic idea, though some would likely call it overpowered.
Alternatively:

Weapon: Fire axe (from KF1)
Perk: Berserker (of course)

It'd be cool to have a throwback weapon for those of us who appreciate what KF1 had to offer.
I'd see this weapon as a parallel to the hammer, being a tier-3 and doing moderate-to-heavy damage. Like the splitting axe idea above, the blade edge would deal slashing-type damage, but instead of having a blunt side opposite, the grubbing end of it would deal piercing damage--something that no enemy is resistant to, and few are weak against. Basically, a heavier, slower-swinging slashing-type melee that can also deal a powerful blow with its pointed end to big enemies. This point (ha) would give more incentive to run in close to large enemies, especially the bosses (since they both are resistant to slashing-type, and Pat resists blunt).

Weapon: Barrett M99
Perk: Sharpshooter

That big ol' gun from KF1 that you either love or hate. This time though, a bit more reasonable. Perhaps this time around, its weight drops to 10 blocks down from 13, and its ammo price becomes significantly less as well (20

Upvote 0
Well, the M32 is an obvious choice. I really, really, want it back. However, it's also a boring choice given the thread is asking for new and unique weapons, so here goes:

MG-3

The MG-3 is a modernized version of the applauded MG-42. I think it should go to either commando, or the new perk that's rumored to be called SWAT. I know SWAT don't really use LMGs in real life, but game files aren't always accurate titles, so we don't know for sure that the perk is even called SWAT.

Spoiler!

A lightning cannon

Obviously there isn't really such a thing, but I'd love for the rumored SWAT perk to be a mad scientist class or something. Since there's already a lightning category in the trader menu, the game already heavily hints at a weapon like this. The image below is just some random example I pulled up on Google images. Obviously what I have in mind is a handheld version kind of like from Quake, but shoots sporadic lightning rather than a steady stream.

Spoiler!

Arctic Warfare Magnum (AWM)

Or any large-cartrigded bolt action sniper rifle, but not too big. I don't want a repeat of the anti-materiel rifle from KF1, where TWI made it so expensive that it's basically unusable for anything but the bosses, and nerfing its damage is unfitting for the caliber. I want a sniper to use against scrakes and fleshpounds, but isn't so OP that it removes challenge from the game.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Just to throw out a bunch of brief thoughts on previous posts:
- I'm also of the opinion the M32 needs to return.
- The OICW is a little ridiculous, a 5.56 NATO machine gun with a magazine fed grenade launcher with a scope sounds like a tier 4 or 5 [lol] weapon. It was so badass they had to split it into the XM8 and XM25. Plus mo-capping a experimental gun is pretty much unthinkable.
- I'm not a big fan of elephant guns being in the game. However, if an elephant gun is to be considered, I'd be neat for it to be a black powder cartridge-fed 4-bore. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYtxxRU_cY]

Hans has always dual-wielded Sturmgewehrs, and TW unveiled a render of the lever action last WWAUT. [http://media.tripwirecdn.com/021816/lar.jpg]

+1 for each the Lee Enfield Mk. III, MG3, Johnson LMG, and Pedersen.
I'd also love to see the AS VAL [T4 Commando], VSS Vintorez [T4 SS], and FG42 [T4 Commando]. Hopefully the FG42 isn't too far fetched, as it appears someone at TW might own a reproduction. The VSS has more application in the game than the VAL, but since S.T.A.L.K.E.R. made me fetishize both, I had to get the idea out. :(

Upvote 0
M32 for demo as a T4, weighing in at 8. With grenades similar to the m79 it would not output more damage than an RPG in the long run, but it would allow you a quick burst of explosives for critical times, and with less weight it would let you carry the c4 and HX-25. If you've ever tried the m79 + c4 + HX-25 combo, this would be the competent version of it.

HK417 for commando as T4. In KF1 the commando top tier weapons weren't the most powerful, but he had access to both of them simultaneously if he could afford it which compensated. I think a similar concept would work here, with the alternative weapon having similar power but a different "feel." I chose HK417 for variety with the same caliber round.

M14 for sharp. Self-explanatory IMO.

Upvote 0
I wasn't going to post in this thread until I saw the Lee Enfield listed, so here's my list:

1. Lee Enfield mk. III
2. Accuracy Intl. Arctic Warfare sniper rifle
3. HSG-1 shotgun

I'm a big fan of high-power, high accuracy rifles, especially bolt actions. I'd love to see one (or more) in Killing Floor 2. I also loved the HSG-1 from KF1 for its shot spread selector and high ammo capacity. It was a versatile and capable mid-tier weapon without being OP - something Support could surely use right now.

Upvote 0