• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which side do you prefer?

Which side do you prefer?

• German

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • Russian

Votes: 90 24.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 129 35.4%
  • Teamkiller

Votes: 19 5.2%

• Total voters
I like Russian Weapons more than German Ones, and I like there vehicles more too. I pick Rifleman class 80% of the time, and the M38 has a special place in my heart. For Machinegun class, I pick Russian, because I never get support from allies, and German MG's take forever to reload, plus you have to change barrels so often, plus, once you run out of ammo, you are screwed! The Russian MG is still very powerful without support, becuase it never overheats, unless you spray like crazy, and its basicly an Automatic Sniper Rifle, and the fact that the gun looks sweet! It carries less ammo, which I consider an advantage, because I won't be spraying like crazy, and I conserve ammo more.

Upvote 0
One of the things that sets RO apart from many other games is that you actually get to play AS A GERMAN SOLDIER in the first-person; so many times the Germans are not much more than cardboard cutouts for any yayhoo with an M-1 or Thompson to mow down.

Of course, as far as the GAME goes, picking a favorite side can be nothing more than evaluating the various vehicles and equipment available and making an informed decision as to which mix suits your taste and abilities; the color of your uniform really makes no difference in this case.

What I HAVE noticed, however (and it may just be my perception at this point), is that many players who take the Axis side tend to be a bit conservative, but crushingly methodical in their approach to the game. Soviet players tend to be more freewheeling, but get themselves in trouble more often- and sometimes make fantastic gains in doing so.

I began playing almost exclusively as a German tanker and got familiar with their stuff; now I'm playing for the Soviet side and learning theirs too. Where will it lead me in the end? Who knows- but I will have a good time on whatever side I hapen to be playing on!

Upvote 0
Any decent person joins the team with less players. If I had to pick a side I like playing more it would be axis because their infantry weapons are more deadly than the Russian counterparts. I also prefer the axis tanks because I like the rare and super tanks like the pz4f1 and the panther. I also have a love for the pz3 because it is challenging to win.

If the ppsh didn't **** so much in this game I might prefer it over the mp40. I mean the kickback is ridiculous in the standing position or when you are trying to kill an enemy laying down at any range.

Upvote 0
You don't have the, pick the winning side until we run out of reinforcements then I switch sides option.

Depends on the map. If I'm joining a game in progress, I auto choose, then check to make sure the sides are balanced. If not, I switch sides if neccessary. On a map change, it depends on the map, but I choose the side I like on that map, usually.

Upvote 0