• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Which ports to change to host two or more dedicated servers

geotavros

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2015
I would like to host more then one Killing Floor 2 dedicated server on my laptop. How is this done and which ports do I need to change and forward for it to work?

Because after each update my first server gets full instantly so I can't even join it. And I don't kick people

You need to change all ports.

In start command line you can change them, like this for example

Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=PASSWORD -Port=7777 QueryPort=27015 -WebadminPort=8080

add +10 to the game port and query port (the steamport is automatically calculated from the game port I think, so just follow my examples and it should be ok), and +1 for the webadmin port for each new server and you should be good. Don't forget to forward those ports as well as the other ports as described in the wiki http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_(Killing_Floor_2)#Ports (see also advanced configuration near this part)

So, to know the other ports follow this for example, by adding +10 to the ports (except the web admin port, only +1):

first server
Game Port: 7777
Query Port: 27015
Steam Port: 20560
Web Admin: 8080

second server
Game Port: 7787
Query Port: 27025
Steam Port: 20570
Web Admin: 8081

third server
Game Port: 7797
Query Port: 27035
Steam Port: 20580
Web Admin: 8082

Upvote 0
Thank you, it works fine now.
I've also used -ConfigSubDir parameter for separate configuration for each server like this
Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver KF-Favela2B1?adminpassword=myPassword -ConfigSubDir=HardAllMaps -Port=7787 QueryPort=27025 -WebadminPort=8081
for this to work I created a directory
...\SteamCMD\kf2\KFGame\Config\HardAllMaps
and copied these file in it
KFWeb.ini
KFWebAdmin.ini
PCServer-KFEngine.ini
PCServer-KFGame.ini
PCServer-KFInput.ini
PCServer-KFSystemSettings.ini
Just so I can configure some settings like mapcycle per server

Upvote 0