• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which is better ARMA2 or OPF2

I think the majority of us are looking at ArmA 2, but we are keeping a somewhat open mind about OFP 2, but it has yet to prove itself.
+1

I'm still reserved about OFP2. Affraid it will be too consol-ified. But ArmA 2 I know it will at least be fun online if the SP will fail, and that the modding community is great. So you can't really go wrong with Arma II. But It's possible I will get both titles.

Upvote 0
I think both will suck but I'm giving OF2 a chance because I've seen no precedent from their team. ArmA2 is gonna be basically the same awful game as it was the first ArmA, and I don't care if they are the original devs, to me, they just lost their Mojo
+1

BIS have prooven to me that they have forgotten how to make a game. From what i have seen of their next game they just add more and more complexity instead of fixing the real issues.

Codemaster i give the benefit of doubt. So far what they've shown seems very average all around though.

Upvote 0
I hope both turn out well we really need some good shooters this year besides the typical crap they will be releasing.

MIght sound like a weird attitude but personally i hope one blows the other away, at least from a multiplayer perspective.

the online playercount of PC shooters, especially niche ones, (unlike the mainstream titles like cod/cs/bf) doesn't seem to be so strong anymore, with decent games not getting the playerbase they deserve.
Asides from the evr increasing strength + popularity of console titles, a good reason is probably due to players being spread thinly across a what is now a vast number of pretty decent titles.
So from the point of view of building a strong playerbase I'd rather see just one succeed at the expense of the other.

But as the unknown quantity i suspect it will be either the fresh brilliance or dire failure of OF2 that determines the winner -
if there is to be one.

Upvote 0
ArmA 2 without a doubt now. I used to hate ArmA 2 after Arma, but after seeing recent videos and recent OFP2 video along with it, it's definitely clear they're not in same league.

OFP2=Project Reality expanded, ArmA 2=Continuing OFP's legacy with the lessons learned from Arma semi-fail.

Upvote 0
Well I'm looking at it in this way, I am going to get both of them. I'm going to most likely get OPF2 first based on the fact that I am somewhat optimistic. Take Far Cry 2 for example. Some said that it was better than Crysis. I think Codemasters have taken a lot into consideration, one of the reasons its taken so long to make a sequel. ARMA was a disappointment to me and my clan mates who loved Operation Flashpoint. Remember that down the line ARMA 2 is coming out on the PS3 and 360 and hopefully that transition won't take too much away from the console version when comparing it to its PC counterpart.

Upvote 0