Which is better ARMA2 or OPF2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Divinehammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
I know that they havent been released yet but what is the general consensus of which is going to be better I would like to get in on one or the other. I honestly have not kept up with the happenings in each. Would also like to join up with some RO members for CO-OP play. So PM me if you are starting a group.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I think the majority of us are looking at ArmA 2, but we are keeping a somewhat open mind about OFP 2, but it has yet to prove itself.

smokeythebear

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Probably ArmA2. I'm a huge fan of OFP, never got ArmA because the demo ran and looked poor. Hopefully in the sequel they learn from their mistakes and such.

Ralfst3r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
I think the majority of us are looking at ArmA 2, but we are keeping a somewhat open mind about OFP 2, but it has yet to prove itself.
+1

I'm still reserved about OFP2. Affraid it will be too consol-ified. But ArmA 2 I know it will at least be fun online if the SP will fail, and that the modding community is great. So you can't really go wrong with Arma II. But It's possible I will get both titles.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
I think both will suck but I'm giving OF2 a chance because I've seen no precedent from their team. ArmA2 is gonna be basically the same awful game as it was the first ArmA, and I don't care if they are the original devs, to me, they just lost their Mojo

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
ArmA II for me.

Both OFP and ArmA got of to a bad start but had a lot of support from BI and the modding community, (and still does).
I hope that "3rd time lucky" will see the new game pretty polished when its released.

OFP 2 is a bit of a mystery at the moment.

Uurastaja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2008
Finntart
ArmAII for sure.

Even though ArmA has it's annoyances, I still play it frequently due to the vast gameplay/modding possibilites that you can't find in other games.

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
I hope both turn out well we really need some good shooters this year besides the typical crap they will be releasing.

KrazyKraut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
I think both will suck but I'm giving OF2 a chance because I've seen no precedent from their team. ArmA2 is gonna be basically the same awful game as it was the first ArmA, and I don't care if they are the original devs, to me, they just lost their Mojo
+1

BIS have prooven to me that they have forgotten how to make a game. From what i have seen of their next game they just add more and more complexity instead of fixing the real issues.

Codemaster i give the benefit of doubt. So far what they've shown seems very average all around though.

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
I hope both turn out well we really need some good shooters this year besides the typical crap they will be releasing.

MIght sound like a weird attitude but personally i hope one blows the other away, at least from a multiplayer perspective.

the online playercount of PC shooters, especially niche ones, (unlike the mainstream titles like cod/cs/bf) doesn't seem to be so strong anymore, with decent games not getting the playerbase they deserve.
Asides from the evr increasing strength + popularity of console titles, a good reason is probably due to players being spread thinly across a what is now a vast number of pretty decent titles.
So from the point of view of building a strong playerbase I'd rather see just one succeed at the expense of the other.

But as the unknown quantity i suspect it will be either the fresh brilliance or dire failure of OF2 that determines the winner -
if there is to be one.

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
ArmA 2 without a doubt now. I used to hate ArmA 2 after Arma, but after seeing recent videos and recent OFP2 video along with it, it's definitely clear they're not in same league.

OFP2=Project Reality expanded, ArmA 2=Continuing OFP's legacy with the lessons learned from Arma semi-fail.

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
I don't know anything about OFP2, but I know the first OFP was awesome, and the people who made that are the ones making ArmA2, so that's what I'm going with.

Ronan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Well I'm looking at it in this way, I am going to get both of them. I'm going to most likely get OPF2 first based on the fact that I am somewhat optimistic. Take Far Cry 2 for example. Some said that it was better than Crysis. I think Codemasters have taken a lot into consideration, one of the reasons its taken so long to make a sequel. ARMA was a disappointment to me and my clan mates who loved Operation Flashpoint. Remember that down the line ARMA 2 is coming out on the PS3 and 360 and hopefully that transition won't take too much away from the console version when comparing it to its PC counterpart.

Ronan

FNG / Fresh Meat
That could be a possibility, but its sales are picking up. I'm sure both are going to be good but if you want to stay true to the original OFP.Then ARMA 2 is the best one to get. As for me I'm just going to see which one gets most of my game time :D.