• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which grenades are affected by Siren Resistance?

I'm amused that the WWAUT post said grenades would have a chance to bypass sonic damage, when in fact that chance is 100% :p

A number of things were tweaked between when they detailed them in the WWAUT and when the update came out, especially regarding the Demolitions perk.

Off the top of my head, the "Off Perk" skill was originally supposed to have a considerably higher damage boost, but now it's a more modest 10%...

And the "Sacrifice" skill that was going to make you explode when you die was changed to a "Reactive Armor" skill instead, that makes you explode and keep 5 health any time you're hit with an attack that would have killed you, which is pretty amazing for several reasons.

Upvote 0
I feel like it should apply to all your weapons or a the very least C4 as well as grenades. It's a tier 3 ability and it should be fairly powerful. Look at firebug, it gets the ability to have all weapons filled completely from the trader at tier 1!

Still need to get to demo level 15 before i can say if trapped doors would be worth it or not compared to it though. The best balancing factor i could think of though would be to just remove the weld speed de-buff altogether or lower it to only 5% or 10%. Then again, still not sure how big the boom is so that may be a bit excessive.

Edit: I'm also so glad they changed Sacrifice to what it is now. Before it was kinda worthless since yes, you did all that damage but you are dead, there was really no point to it vs just having that resist so you can play more aggressively with explosives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I don't think it should completely nullify the bane that is the Siren, that's still a very welcomed addition! As Rocker Fox said , maybe it should only affect C4 and dynamites since you don't get many at each waves? Or maybe it should affect everything like it is now but it should have only a CHANCE to bypass the siren (like 50% ) ?

Upvote 0
While I don't think it should completely nullify the bane that is the Siren, that's still a very welcomed addition! As Rocker Fox said , maybe it should only affect C4 and dynamites since you don't get many at each waves? Or maybe it should affect everything like it is now but it should have only a CHANCE to bypass the siren (like 50% ) ?

I would prefer just the C4 and dynamite with 100% effectiveness. The thing is everything else is fast enough where if you have good timing there is not much of an excuse. With those 2 it can be too slow at times even with on contact for the grenades. Especially if your not just tossing and blowing up C4 and instead trying to make traps with it, it really just pushes you to using C4 as a grenade that sticks to things and you can detonate on your own and less like a trap that requires planning and foresight.

Upvote 0