• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Where's the SDK documentation?

HarryTheHambeast

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2020
Hi guys, I'm having trouble finding documentation for the Killing Floor 2 SDK, and it seems like UDK documentation is hit and miss these days. I'm not new to level design per se, but have traditionally worked with more additive-based engines such as Source, idTech, GoldSRC etc. I'm picking up some stuff here and there by intuition, and having worked with Blender a fair amount the material system isn't too alien to me (I also make my own textures, and really enjoy the ability to customize different features of my work through the node builders). I'm perplexed, though because all I can really find is video tutorials, which I have a hard time following for the most part.

I'm just trying to find documentation. I appreciate the capabilities of UE3, but a simple process like wrapping a texture around a 4-sided brush, for example, is way too convoluted for someone trying to feel it out on their own without documentation. The wiki link in the help drop-down menu leads to a defunct wiki with blank pages...were they moved? Thanks for your time guys. Stay safe.