• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where oh where has my TWI gone?

No, that schedule is wrong. You are assuming they go home. 9am is roll up the sleeping bags, and 11pm is fight for the one couch in the building and everyone else sleep on the floor!
That would be the time-share couch you are referring to? With the new, expanded offices there may actually be TWO (Numbers 2) time-share couches in the coming weeks.

So - what have we been up to?
  • Heavy Metal update
  • Planning more for KF
  • GDC Europe-GamesCom in Cologne
  • Handling PR response to the latter
  • Prepping for GDC Austin (NOT showing anything new, so don't ask) next week
  • Planning for and working on Heroes
  • Bringing the new office manager onboard and up to speed, along with new LD and Coder (please welcome Mayra, Brian and Keef)
  • Cabling new office space
  • Prepping for SIEGE 2-4 Oct
And some other stuff...

Upvote 0
No, that schedule is wrong. You are assuming they go home. 9am is roll up the sleeping bags, and 11pm is fight for the one couch in the building and everyone else sleep on the floor!

roflmao :D

sleepover at TW HQ

bio:

Tripwire Interactive LLC
77 East Crossville Road, Suite 209
Roswell, GA 30075
USA

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Finish stuff :p

2. The next date open to application for the relevant H-class visa is April 2010, for entry into the country in October 2010. Could be a long wait!

1. Finished Versus now just fixing stuff, K Strike I finish stuff now I am just updating, fixing, and changing. (when I get home).

2. I am USA born, lived in USA 14 years and now I lived in United Kingdom 4 years, and I am 18.

3. Employment.

Upvote 0
This is a bit silly but I'll tell you what I've been doing. I've been playing 57 contest map entries until my eyes bleed, helping blackcheetah by putting up a Killing Strike server with a fast redirect so he can test his mutator, helping the DA2 team by working on their code in my "spare time". On top of that I've been working on planning for KF updates, spent 9 days in Germany at Gamecom showing of Red Orchestra:Heroes of Stalingrad. Oh and that is just the stuff that isn't my normal "day job". On top of that I've been running a company, coding on our 2 games, working on business deals, etc.

As has been mentioned in this thread, most of the time when the devs get quiet, its because they are working on something ;) Also we just did a mass of PR for ROHOS, so if you'll check our recent posts, there have been about a billion posts by devs in those threads. Also, if you did a bit more checking you'd find there are STILL a decent amount of recent posts in the KF forum by the devs.

So I guess the question is, where have YOU been that you haven't seen the devs :)

Upvote 0
Go back to school and work on English grammer first kid.

Hey! I can speak good engrish sometimes! Its only on those many occasions that I quite frankly miss type or allow my thoughts to overrun my typing, causing myself to... overlap what I have to told my say to write, meaning... I should probably go back to school to learn some more grammar :(

Upvote 0
I think it's pretty silly to ask what the devs are up to... it's not like they aren't busy constantly on all the forums. I mean, for crying out loud, they're a relatively small game company working on a major release on the UE3 engine that's a competitor with all the other big FPS companies out there.

Any moron can see why RO:HOS is the focus ... and it should be! RO is what Tripwire is all about. Killing Floor, as I see it, is a really cool side project.

Upvote 0
Sigh, Ramm-Jaeger, you got me. I wasn't stalking you guys throughout the forums, so I missed all those dev posts in other games. I'll change that immediately. Don't mind any movements you think you might be seeing outside your windows, it's just the wind. ;)

All the same, thanks for the response. Helps create more of a fellowship between the developers, and the community, which I definitely appreciate. Also works great for you guys. You can now get away with not posting anything, and everyone will think you guys are hard at work, while you're secretly sipping mai tais at an exotic beach.

@Gusone, your post is pretty much the definition of irony. Lol :D

Upvote 0