• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where oh where has my TWI gone?

demontrace

Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2009
I'm curious if the developers are planning on talking to the community anytime soon? We had a nice update from them, but I've heard nothing about the future of Killing Floor from them.
Yoshiro pops up here and there, but he doesn't even officially work for them. I want to know what's on the developer's minds about any future updates.

I check the general forums, and the ideas and suggestions areas, and I keep seeing the same threads, except that the new ones are coming fewer and farther between. The game has been out for a while now, but not nearly long enough for it to steeply die off.

The only new things to come out, is from someone who doesn't even work for the company.

BlackCheetah is doing a great job adding some life to this game, but he doesn't work for TWI, and his work is really forcing me to eye the company more so. He does more updates, he communicates with us more, and he hasn't got one cent from me. This is really shameful in my opinion.

I don't even feel like I'm asking for much here. I just want a response from this company. I know other, large, companies don't exactly communicate much, but you can sometimes see them talking to their customer base. I am hoping for something a little different from this one. It seems smaller, and more personal. The games they make aren't huge, star studded affairs just begging for media attention. This isn't a Warcraft, it isn't a Call of Duty. It's a smaller game, with it's roots in the community. It started off as a mod.

So, in summary, any word TWI? Give us something to talk about again. It's discouraging to come onto the forums, and keep seeing the same tired threads. Let us know this game has more of a future.

Patience, I feel something big may be coming soon :p

One can hope, right?

I'm thinking when the map contest is over, perhaps the maps TWI REALLY liked will become "official" maps, that TWI will have everyone download like Foundry. I think that would add a lot to the game, but it still would be the work of someone other than TWI.

The official content, from the developers themselves, is the work that really gets me excited. Not knocking the work done by others though. There's some real quality stuff out there that just isn't getting enough attention.

Upvote 0
Ahh I love it. With Heavy Metal we said too much too soon (or so some say....). Now we don't say enough! Also I posted ages ago that stuff is in the works. Tripwire just isn't ready to talk about it yet. Hell the beta team still doesn't know what it is yet (and boy do I love teasing them).

PS: Bet you I helped Cheetah with his gametypes more then you did :) Ramm and I played and gave him feedback for both his gametypes early on. Heck we are even hosting a server for Killing Strike (least we were, need to make sure it is still up)

Also I still handle community relations to a degree (as well as lead the QA team), I am just no longer an on site employee.

Also to denounce the "why isn't the rest of tripwire posting" bit. Those that tend to post still are, however alot of the time over the past week or two has been spent addressing Heroes of Stalingrad posts. You know, that other game Tripwire is in the middle of making :)

Upvote 0
I'm more concerned with critical exploit and bug fixes than new content. However, TWI seems to be plenty tight-lipped about that as well. This isn't the most assuring approach to take.

Because they need to be fixed and tested before any said announcement.... In case it wasn't apparent from my earlier post, they haven't yet been given the latest internal build yet, work is still being done on it. When there is a fix/improvement list for the next patch that has been confirmed to be in order I am sure there will be an announcement about it as always.

Upvote 0
I know for a fact that one thing that is being worked on will make us all very happy indeed. :)

Headshot hitbox fixes on Gorefasts/Skrakes? Cuz that'd be the best update I could possibly ask for at this time. A close runner up would be fixing Manor. Between that horrible exploit and that wonky spawn-point bug, it's a mess to play right now...

Upvote 0
Also to denounce the "why isn't the rest of tripwire posting" bit. Those that tend to post still are, however alot of the time over the past week or two has been spent addressing Heroes of Stalingrad posts. You know, that other game Tripwire is in the middle of making :)

KF2 (with friendly fire of course) is the future. All the cool kids know that.

Upvote 0
That has been the case in the past, probably, or most definitely they are working even longer hours to get things out and reading/posting in the forums will slow them down ...

exactly!

here's the breakdown of a typical day in the life of a TW Dev, at least how i believe it should be!!! :D:

8am - Wake Up, eat breakfast
9am - Arive at work and check your emails and new forum posts
10am - work on KF stuff
12pm - lunch break
1pm - work on ROHOS stuff
5pm - dinner break
6pm - work on more ROHOS stuff
11pm - go home and sleep

yes that is right......15 hour work day with 9 hours devoted to HOS :p

all for "money, money, money" because they "need some dosh"

Upvote 0