• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Where is the RO sdk

So I was poking around in the steamApps/redorchestra folder and was unable to locate an editor application, or any map folders, or any static mesh folders, or any content folders at all. My guess is the SDK has not been released with the game. It also seems that the content folders are packed away nicely in the compressed steam package, or somewhere.
How is the mapper going to use any existing content( if we will be allowed to?)in their map. If the mapper has to make everything from scratch like trees, rocks, fences, it will be a huge task to get a map out- basically impossible for a single mapper. If the mapper only has to make the parts that are specific to their map it is a lot easier.
It looks like there will have to be a quite different process to editing if we have to battle the steam archive all the time. Does steam even allow any access to the archives at all without futzing the whole steam install?

regards

"let me map now godammmit"

Last edited: