• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

where is my head?

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
LOL, do you really look like that when playing? Or did it just happen a few times when dying?

ightenhill

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
I think its the weird way the camera moves when it shows your body.. As the camera is in effect your head.. When you die it takes your head with it to show you the new view.

HiroProtagonist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 27, 2012
It's not clipping, and it's not a bug. Sometimes your head gets blown off. I don't understand why you posted this in the support forum.

Cwivey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
In the hills! (of England)
With the way some servers are set up, there are different ways player deaths are handled, first person view and third person view.

The servers that use a first person view for when you die allow you to see your legs, hands, body etc fall to the ground from your heads perspective; hence why the head is missing (avoids clipping errors when looking from head height).

The bug is that it still uses the same player-dead model for the death when in third person, showing the missing head. If all servers were forced to have First person player deaths then there would be no issue.

Mike_Nomad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2006
Florida, USA
www.raidersmerciless.com
With the way some servers are set up, there are different ways player deaths are handled, first person view and third person view.

The servers that use a first person view for when you die allow you to see your legs, hands, body etc fall to the ground from your heads perspective; hence why the head is missing (avoids clipping errors when looking from head height).

The bug is that it still uses the same player-dead model for the death when in third person, showing the missing head. If all servers were forced to have First person player deaths then there would be no issue.
Really?? What setting in WebAdmin does that??

Mike_Nomad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2006
Florida, USA
www.raidersmerciless.com

Really?? What setting in WebAdmin does that??
If I remeber correctly, it'll be in one of the Realism settings bits. I have no idea myself 'cause I don't have access to a server. :p
I've looked in Realistic, Standard and Custom and not found such. :(

Last edited:

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Perhaps this is it, Mike.. Under the Settings/General Tab

//xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/ServerAdmin/settings/general

Under spectating mode:
3rd Person
3rd Person (Cameral Locked)
1st Person Only

Mike_Nomad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2006
Florida, USA
www.raidersmerciless.com
Perhaps this is it, Mike.. Under the Settings/General Tab

//xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/ServerAdmin/settings/general

Under spectating mode:
3rd Person
3rd Person (Cameral Locked)
1st Person Only
Floyd, that's not it...those setting are strictly for spectating and are almost like a Kill Cam. We should, as Admins, be able to turn ALL spectating OFF. Thanks for trying to help. ;)

Last edited: