• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Where is a timer trigger?

NAKED GI JOE

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Atlanta
Hello, I have been reading for the last hour and can't find anything in KF for timer trigger.....I think that's what I want.

I want lights to stay on for a specifed amount of time. 2 minute 5 minutes something like that.

And where is trigger volumes? I looked at the volumes and I don't see "trigger" volume.

Thanks for your help in advance.

NAKED

you can use a scripted trigger, if its lights use a trigger light and name it the same as the event ie lights

create a trigger say called lightevent

Open a scripted trigger and use

Wait for event - lightevent
Wait for timer - what length you want
trigger event - lights

so when someone hits the trigger called lights it will trigger the lights turning on / off after the pre defined timer

Upvote 0
Ok ...I am stuck.

I have TriggerLight
Events
event = LotLights
Tag = KFProxyTrigger

Object
Group = none
IntialState = None
Name = TriggerLight()

TriggerLight
bDelayFullOn = False
BInitiallyOn = True
next 2 = 0.00

Next I have
KFProxyTrigger

Events
event = LotLights
Tag = KFProxyTrigger

Object
Group = none
IntialState = NormalTrigger
Name = KFProxyTrigger0

Trigger
BInitiallyActive = True
False
None
balh blah blah
TriggerType = TT_PlayerProximity

Do I have to open the script and edit it??

NAKED

Upvote 0
What I am wanting is:

there is a room, in this room there is a light, it is on. When a player comes into the room, after a few seconds or minute the light goes off....based on the fact the player entered the room (not the door opening or anything).

After a set amount of time the light resets back to "ON" state.

If you know of an example in another map, I'll track it down.

NAKED

Upvote 0
I made this example map, this should help you.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10986702/KF-triggerlighttimer.rom

Edit: It works in the SDK for me but not in the normal game, I have to check this.

Edit2: Ok it was something weird with my game config files, I deleted the config files and did a verify game cache, and now those trigger lights works in SDK and ingame for me.

Edit3: lol Im so dumb :D the problem is that the client must have the dynamic lights activated in the system settings, otherwise this won't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0