• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where did the SWASTIKAS go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike133

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Anyone notice that since the last patch all the Swastikas are gone and replaced by X's or that ridiculous green cross? Why have they gone? I live in the U.S.A. which doesn't have overbearing censorship like Germany, and in a historically accurate game about Nazis, I want to see some Swastikas.

I'm not looking for giant red Swastika banners, just Swastikas on uniforms and such as they were in real life.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Anyone notice that since the last patch all the Swastikas are gone and replaced by X's or that ridiculous green cross? Why have they gone? I live in the U.S.A. which doesn't have overbearing censorship like Germany, and in a historically accurate game about Nazis, I want to see some Swastikas.

I'm not looking for giant red Swastika banners, just Swastikas on uniforms and such as they were in real life.

We already have one about this they said there wont be any in any version

might have been a bit rude there apologize

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We already have one about this they said there wont be any in any version of theg ame so get over it

Can anyone confirm this? Has Tripwire seriously trashed ALL the Swastikas?

Why even have a WW2 game then? Why have Russians vs. Nazi Germans if it is such a sensitive topic and Swastikas (god-forbid), can't be viewed without someone's head exploding spontaneously.

We can just have a realistic, tactical shooter that pits the TAN NATION against the GREEN NATION. It'll be like Army Men on N64.

Upvote 0

This is not a game about Nazis. It's a game about German soldiers and Russian soldiers.

Reactions: skewp
Upvote 0
This is not a game about Nazis. It's a game about German soldiers and Russian soldiers.

Is that a joke? Who was in control of the German state? Who was ordering around the German soldiers? Who was making large-scale battle plans? Who were financing and manufacturing munitions in violation of the Treaty of Versailles? What political affiliation was the leader of Germany?

Nazi

To say Eastern Front WW2 was about Germans vs. Russians is historically inaccurate (this is, after all, a historically accurate game...at least it tries its best to be). That would be ignoring one big aspect of the war, the conflict between Fascism and Communism. I mean for Christ's sake the voice acting in the game CONSTANTLY says things about "kill these fascists" or "kill these Bolshevik scum"....to suggest that political parties/governing systems have no pace in a HISTORICALLY ACCURATE WW2 game is mind-boggling to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.