• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When you finally get HoS...

I usually flick the screen over to TV when i'm downloading/installing big things, assuming i don't have more productive things i could get out of the way in that time.

Once installed though, i'll start a practice match with no bots (if possible like in the first game), and check out the controls and get a feel for the basics of movement and shooting in the game, and make any changes to the controls i feel are needed.
Then i'll probably do the same with a tank map, so the tank controls are also what i want them to be.

Then i'll probably start the SP campaign, see what that's all about, get a feel for the game, make any needed changes to my keybinds if something turns out to be less than streamlined when playing, and hopefully have lots of fun.

And then i'll be more than ready to jump online, and give that a go.

Upvote 0
Describe what you plan to do on the day you get HoS (presumably the release date)
Get insta-boner of being excited of RO :p

Seriously:
1. Blaming Steam for being late with releasing/decrypting pre-downloaded game files
2. Figuring out server files and installing game server for my clan
3. When I finally get into game (and configure all options), I pass trainings to unlock all classes and weapons
4. Join server with my clanmates and start checking game, maps, etc etc...

Meainwhile chatting with mates and celebrating with good ale;)

Upvote 0
I'll get it the second it comes out.

I'll be @ ts / mumble screaming with clan lads that Steam screws us up with those ridiculously low rate downloads. BUT i will be the first to finish the download and then i'll piss off my vlan mates i have the game and i'm playing and they are still downloading making a lot of : "WHOA THIS GAME IS AWESOME ! WHOA THE RIFLE IS SO BEAUTIFUL, GUYZ IF ONLY U COULD SEE IT MAN ! etc..." :D

Oh and i'll tell my girlfriend to let me in peace playing and that she could bring me some beer before leaving outside :D
I think i won't loose time eating, i will be too excited to eat so i'll play :D

Reactions: <animal>INSTINCT
Upvote 0
Well I'm one of those guys who'll get it from UK as evil Germany surely cuts out the German part of the campaign which is a no go for me. :eek:

Well what I'll be doing when HoS arrives? I'm in the midst of writing my exams at the end of the 2nd term at university. :( But not to bad either, cause after this is done there's 3 months of free time, which means RO HoS 24/7 :D

Upvote 0
I'm sure I will get it before hand and have it mostly preloaded except for maybe those last minute updates. I will then, impatiently, defrag all the files and optimize my computer, start up the game and make up my keyboard setting adjustments to mimick what I currently have for all my other games, adjust my audio and vidual and hud options, then probably look for Floyd's server because I'm hoping he should have it ready by then :D

Upvote 0
I'll probably get it from Target or Gamestop the day it comes out (I like having the disks :p)

I will then drive home at about 100mph, run up to my new computer (don't even know what it will be yet, waiting to know the exact specs to run it). I will then pop in the disk, start installing, and while that's happening, I'll take the manual into the bathroom and read it twice while making a pre-game poopie, so I'm not interrupted later on by the calls of nature:D.

And I'll probably have either a buffalo-chicken pizza or steak dinner prepped and ready for those times when levels are loading.

I will also lock my door and play in the most comfortable pajamas I have.

Once in a multiplayer server, I will immediately begin recruiting new animals :D

Upvote 0