• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When was the last update?

ro_sauce

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
see title.
because red orchestra 2 has been trying to update for the past 1-2weeks, it says it's only 6.8mb, but it won't show any progress, won't show current download speeds, and doesnt let me in the game.

so what was this 6.8mb update that has deprived me of my $60 game?

latest date modified on program files was the 15th, so what happened since then?

Last edited:
see title.
because red orchestra 2 has been trying to update for the past 1-2weeks, it says it's only 6.8mb, but it won't show any progress, won't show current download speeds, and doesnt let me in the game.

so what was this 6.8mb update that has deprived me of my $60 game?

latest date modified on program files was the 15th, so what happened since then?

You might want this in the Tech support forum.

Are you sure you don't have the download paused? Try verifying game cache.

Upvote 0
i'm confused. about half of the entire thirty-two hours you've spent on ro2 were in the last two weeks. :confused: looks like you've been depriving yourself for the last nine months. ;)
i'd do the "verify cache" in steam. first thing to do when you have a problem. if that doesn't work, i'd be all over steam to get an answer. that's where you're trying to get the download from.
good luck!

Upvote 0
verifying game cache didnt do anything to fix this.

i've messaged those people at steam a few times now with no reply.

whenever i try to resume it, it goes to suspended after about a minute, but something is downloading (according to my bandwidth monitor)

i was able to play at the beginning of this month, and then (not sure exactly when this happened) one day steam decides to start updating ro2, for no damn apparent reason, and nothing in "update news", and i figured it was ok, since it was only 6.8mb, that would only take me 20 minutes to get, but it's been damn near 2 weeks of this horsecrap.

Upvote 0
fixed it by editing some vdf files and access.

steam need to get their heads out of their butts.
and they should really start using compression for downloads/updates (like when steam starts it dl's 3-6mb of "something" so it takes me about 15 minutes for steam to actually start)

another thing that pisses me off is when steam decides to start downloading an update while i am playing a game, sure wish there was a way to disable the automatic steam client update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
fixed it by editing some vdf files and access.

steam need to get their heads out of their butts.
and they should really start using compression for downloads/updates (like when steam starts it dl's 3-6mb of "something" so it takes me about 15 minutes for steam to actually start)

another thing that pisses me off is when steam decides to start downloading an update while i am playing a game, sure wish there was a way to disable the automatic steam client update.

#1) If you start a game or are playing a game launched from within Steam, Steam pauses all downloads.

#2) You might want to check your Steam settings for location and download speed. Steam updates are generally very small and generally only take seconds (and I've rural with very basic DSL speed).

As far as game updates, you don't have to have those automatically updated. Select "Do not automatically update this game". in the games Update tab in the Properties menu.

Upvote 0