• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When someone has an aneurysm, drop their wallet.

Spartan1388

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
When a player disconnects, code it so that they will drop a "wallet" containing their money.

Why?

Because some people have connection problems and they disconnect without wanting to, and the team loses money they would have if not for connection problems.

Also, if someone joins by accident or they do not like the server and leave the game after they spawn, the team can use the money.

Many players already give their money and weapons before they leave, so this will be for times when you leave because of technical issues, and will also work for new players who do not know how to share money.

Also there is is the 3rd person bug. Some people say nothing, and they spawn in 3rd person, and then they either leave or die and the team has to kill more and tougher ZEDs.

Your opinions?

Now with your idea, does the games code differentiate between first join, a manual disconnect, an accidental disconnect and any normal death after first join?

I would hate for all my money to drop because my scrub pub team got me killed mid game and now I'm the one that has to suffer because they will NOT give the money back.

I mean not like I'm a total hoarder or anything...usually ending up with 10k by wave 10...

Upvote 0
My suggestion is about your money being dropped when you disconnect from the game.
You know, when the game says: "PlayerX had an aneurysm".

I guess that it can be coded to discriminate between manual and non-manual exit, but i do not consider it important because your money will be lost anyway.

If you now die during the game, from ZEDs, faling, etc, the same things that happen now will happen. No money will be dropped.

If you are disconnected when you are dead and spectating, is another thing and i will let it up to the community and TWI.
Maybe everyone get an equal part of your money, if you had been spawned obviously, or your money will be dropped in the place you where spectating from.

Upvote 0
I support this idea.

There is plenty of money in the game. More than enough.

Well that's like saying "it's no problem, you just suck at the game". On harder difficulties some people need more money than others, especially if there's one guy hoarding all of it. Just because there's enough money for you it does not mean there's enough for others.

Upvote 0
Yes this idea would be a great addition. Nothing vital but still useful.
I like to expand the idea a bit:
- The said money does not drop but will be shared directly with all other players alive. (Dropped money disappears, might drop on unreachable spots and so on... )
- Only an amount obove the starting cash will be shared (avoid possible exploiting and well, those 100 (HoE) bucks are not worth it either way).

Upvote 0
This would counter "pro" trolls. You know, faux sixs that played normal or higher and ragequit when they die and all the money that would aid the newbs goes to waste. Or more interesting really good players that go to carry the team and type "trolol" in the chat and leave before the pat wave without sharing the dosh.
As long as we know it auto shares the money, all we have to do is throw it out away from players before we leave if thats our intent. Which is good. (I have a bind that drops all my money then suicides when I let go)

I probably wouldn't do that anyway, if I'm going to leave, I money spray everyone. Make it rain on them pubs.
Code:
mousewheelup tosscash 1 | onRelease tosscash 1
mousewheeldown tosscash 1 | onRelease tosscash 1

Upvote 0
If you do not want to share your dosh.

Buy anything you can carry, then switch to welding torch/syringe or knife, and have an aneurysm.

And/or, drop your dosh or any remaining dosh somewhere where others cannot pick it up from. Like on a roof, or under debris.

I usually disconnect after i go to the trader and sell all my weapons and then i give my dosh to the best player or everyone around, then i switch to pistol, so someone might pick it up and sell it or use it, and i then disconnect.
If the team is bad and get into my nerves, i switch to knife and disconnected after the wave starts. ;)

But, for more than a month now, i have connection problems, and i either get disconnected or my connection gets lost and i "die" with big dosh that i keep for the final wave, and then my teammates cannot use the money.

EDIT
I actually suggest that you will drop a "wallet" that works different than dosh. It will stay on the floor like a gun and will disappear when the new wave starts.
Just i magine a leather wallet with a gold GBP or Biohazard symbol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now with your idea, does the games code differentiate between first join, a manual disconnect, an accidental disconnect and any normal death after first join?

I would hate for all my money to drop because my scrub pub team got me killed mid game and now I'm the one that has to suffer because they will NOT give the money back.

I mean not like I'm a total hoarder or anything...usually ending up with 10k by wave 10...
The game's code differentiates between death via disconnect and death via other means (hence the different flavor text). All disconnects are treated the same way though, and whether the server could tell between first join and additional joins by the same player would depend on the server itself (it would have to compare the IP address of a joining player vs. the IPs of all players joined during that match so far), and if you have dynamic IP that wouldn't matter anyway because an accidental disconnect might be because your router/modem had some issues, which would result in a new IP address for you.

Upvote 0
I actually suggest that you will drop a "wallet" that works different than dosh. It will stay on the floor like a gun and will disappear when the new wave starts.
Yes.
Also dropping something is better than automatic distribution I feel. It's not gonna drop somewhere unreachable too often and this way you can race to your ex-teammate's corpse for the loot. :p

Upvote 0
In a similar situation n real-life, you would have to "loot" your fallen teammates and take any ammo, weapons and supplies, and it makes sense to be the same way instead of all the dosh being magically distributed in equal amounts.

With the wallet staying on the map like a weapon you do not have to rush and pick it up immediately, but you can wait until all ZEDs are cut into tas kebab, and then pick it up.

Upvote 0
In a similar situation n real-life, you would have to "loot" your fallen teammates and take any ammo, weapons and supplies, and it makes sense to be the same way instead of all the dosh being magically distributed in equal amounts.

With the wallet staying on the map like a weapon you do not have to rush and pick it up immediately, but you can wait until all ZEDs are cut into tas kebab, and then pick it up.

Well, "magically" distributing a disconnected player's cash may be too, well, magical, but, having a wallet lying on the floor with, say,

Upvote 0
When someone leaves the game and they drop their weapons, or share their money in the middle of the wave can be a distraction as well.

I say, make it that they drop their wallet, and let it up the players what they are going to do with the wallet and also any weapons that might be dropped too.

This will also promote sharing and team work

Upvote 0