• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's your basic political standpoint?

[-project.rattus-]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
There's a neat little online test for that, so no need to elaborate too lengthily. Of course I know the test isn't quite deep, but still, I think it's good.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

So here are my results:

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.15

pcgraphpng.php

Not very surprising. And yes, I did answer all the questions honestly, not trying to "max out" on the scales.

Last edited:
Little weird in its questions.
Example:
"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
Strongly Agree, obviously. Doesn't mean I support a one-party state though!

As a scientific tool to identify your leanings this test is worthless. Even ignoring the fact that these tests tend to tilt people towards the left because realizability isn't a factor in questions about ideals.

But I'll play along for fun so here's my score:
pcgraphpng.php

I'd say the direction is about right, although the values are unreliable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

pcgraphpng.php

On the question about one-party states, I would consider choosing "Agree" to mean that you agree in principle but not necessarily would support it, while "Strongly Agree" would mean that you categorically agree and would consider the one-party state most advantageous.

Upvote 0
Little weird in its questions.
Example:
"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
Strongly Agree, obviously. Doesn't mean I support a one-party state though!

As a scientific tool to identify your leanings this test is worthless. Even ignoring the fact that these tests tend to tilt people towards the left because realizability isn't a factor in questions about ideals.

But I'll play along for fun so here's my score:
pcgraphpng.php

I'd say the direction is about right, although the values are unreliable.

Ya that question was badly put. Of course it's more efficient, but that doesn't make it better!

I just put "Agree" even though I "Strongly Agree" but I definitely "Strongly Disagree" that it's a good idea.

A lot of the questions that would send you toward the right or authoritarian spectrum seemed too ridiculous to me... but maybe that's just because I find the right wing authoritarian extremists ridiculous like dodbadger said?

Still, pretty accurate picture of where I stand so whatever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0