What's your basic political standpoint?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[-project.rattus-]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
There's a neat little online test for that, so no need to elaborate too lengthily. Of course I know the test isn't quite deep, but still, I think it's good.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

So here are my results:

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.15

pcgraphpng.php

Not very surprising. And yes, I did answer all the questions honestly, not trying to "max out" on the scales.

Last edited:

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Little weird in its questions.
Example:
"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
Strongly Agree, obviously. Doesn't mean I support a one-party state though!

As a scientific tool to identify your leanings this test is worthless. Even ignoring the fact that these tests tend to tilt people towards the left because realizability isn't a factor in questions about ideals.

But I'll play along for fun so here's my score:
pcgraphpng.php

I'd say the direction is about right, although the values are unreliable.

Last edited:

Shadrach

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2006
Elitist Prick Ski Lodge
stian.freeshell.org
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

pcgraphpng.php

On the question about one-party states, I would consider choosing "Agree" to mean that you agree in principle but not necessarily would support it, while "Strongly Agree" would mean that you categorically agree and would consider the one-party state most advantageous.

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
strange i'm near gandi - not sure about the test because many questions that would swing you to the right and up are pretty outrageous.
Or perhaps i actually find right wing + authoritarian ideas outrageous and i'm more left than i thought...

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Mmmm... these tests are fun... now we can see who the closet neo-nazis on the forum are :p.

Hardly surprising results for me...:

pcgraphpng.php

Last edited:

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Little weird in its questions.
Example:
"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
Strongly Agree, obviously. Doesn't mean I support a one-party state though!

As a scientific tool to identify your leanings this test is worthless. Even ignoring the fact that these tests tend to tilt people towards the left because realizability isn't a factor in questions about ideals.

But I'll play along for fun so here's my score:
pcgraphpng.php

I'd say the direction is about right, although the values are unreliable.

Ya that question was badly put. Of course it's more efficient, but that doesn't make it better!

I just put "Agree" even though I "Strongly Agree" but I definitely "Strongly Disagree" that it's a good idea.

A lot of the questions that would send you toward the right or authoritarian spectrum seemed too ridiculous to me... but maybe that's just because I find the right wing authoritarian extremists ridiculous like dodbadger said?

Still, pretty accurate picture of where I stand so whatever.

Last edited:

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41

no suprises here....and all because i belive in KARMA...and i was for "eye for an eye" and deathsentences...

Last edited:

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
pcgraphpng.php

You guys are making me look like a fascist.

Edit: I think the test is quite inaccurate, because not being a religious corporation worshiper already places you in the green square, too many questions in the same topics only makes it redundant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major Liability

Snuffeldjuret

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2010
Goteborg, Sweden
It really felt like a test for Americans. Many questions made me lol quite good :D. Personally I don't really care in which quadrant I end up in, our main responsability in life is to our future generations. This test had nothing at all about that, but what to expect from a test made for americans? ;)

pcgraphpng.php

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Now I am much more right wing economically than this chart shows. Otherwise I think the social aspect is about right.

Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

pcgraphpng.php

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
if you need me I'll be chillin with the dalia lama and ghandi, kthxbai.
printablegraph

pcgraphpng.php

As others said I'd usually see myself more right on this, also there were no neutral options...
printablegraph