• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's up with whitelisting?

What's up with whitelisting?

• Option 1: Abolish the whitelist

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Option 2: Power to the People

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Option 3: who cares / whitewhat??

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
Ah well if that is the case then, If TWI will support me and give the group some decent advertising then I am more than happy to take a crack at it.

I'll fire off an e-mail to Yoshiro and get the 411 on if they think it is a good idea.

If TWI don't want to support the group then it's like a fart in the wind.

But I am more than happy to pitch the idea to TWI.

I can see it now, HuNteR for Whitelist president.

Sweet idea Gartley, truly a sweet idea.

EDIT: PM Sent, awaiting reply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Abolish the whitelist.

If people have fun playing those kinds of maps and leveling up, then let them. This is a co-op game, not a competitive versus shooter.

Having your perks maxed arent gonna cause anyone else grief... if anything, they will make you better suited for the game.

I still dont have anything at level 6. I probably wouldnt grind away on a perk-pumping map either. I just dont think it really should matter if that is how some people want to play. Honestly, who the f*ck cares...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fair enough bud.

I just worry quite a bit about the tribal instinct involved with outsourced community run things. I never knew about the community testing team and I've played KF since it was released in 2009. 3 almost 4 Years not knowing where to find this testing team. Which means If I can't find it, the majority of others can't either. How are you generating a good turn over of new volunteers if it's not advertised?

That's where I talk about the tribal instinct. Kind of like a keep it in the family sort of thing. I don't know who the admins were, I don't know who the testers were so I can't comment on how it was run really. But that is the problem in end. I don't know about it because I didn't know about this testing team until recently.

You said it without saying it really "But the more people there is, the harder it is..." Therefore it eventually stops being open to everyone as it needs to be controlled. As soon as it closes to be controlled, tribal instinct kicks in.

Come full circle now because I've gone off on a tangent... Get that bleep advertised to the mass of the KF community. If TWI have any concern for KF which it is obvious they do, they will help steer the ship. But if this testing group exists get it advertised.

It can't be a "we're a band of friends, only we can run wild" deal anymore.

Excuse me but when I look at the top of your posts, I don't see summer 2010, I see April 2011. And that's pretty much when we stopped testing maps because TWI wasnt updating the whitelist. If you happened to lurk on the level design forums or on the whitelisting threads, you knew about the testing team. We weren't hiding the fact that we were in charge of the whitelist. The only thing we were hiding was the list of the exploitable maps. Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but do you really want a bunch of people to have access to the list of exploitable maps with pictures and descriptions? Because if I follow your logic, that's what would have happened. Like hateme said, we were open to new people. But we preferred to keep our group as small as possible.

At the time just isn't good enough. At the time it was 4 years ago. Where has it been for the past 4 years. If not 4 years, 3 years, 2 years, hell even 1 year. You said people posted loads of threads about thanking you or complaining. Again where? 10 threads in 4 years?, I don't know because I haven't come across any of them. I'm not attacking you mate and i'm not saying that it didn't happen. But we are talking a grain of sand in a sandpit over 4 years.

I don't mean to offend, but your entire business approach is terrible. Your justification for things has very few valid points that just aren't collectively enough to accept your justification. It is tribal instinct through and through. Everything you've said points towards you want to keep it between you and your friends and that has ultimately destroyed what should have been a very approachable option for TWI.

Community run things don't work. Tribal instinct will destroy it. I've said it for years. KF needs to pull away from that.
It has been active until April 2011. You want someone to blame, blame TWI. Concerning the the complaints, those threads were generally removed or cleaned up. When it comes down to mappers saying thanks, I've received a whole bunch of PMs from mappers. Also what I said earlier.

Ah well if that is the case then, If TWI will support me and give the group some decent advertising then I am more than happy to take a crack at it.

I'll fire off an e-mail to Yoshiro and get the 411 on if they think it is a good idea.

If TWI don't want to support the group then it's like a fart in the wind.

But I am more than happy to pitch the idea to TWI.

I can see it now, HuNteR for Whitelist president.

Sweet idea Gartley, truly a sweet idea.

EDIT: PM Sent, awaiting reply.
lmfao dude...........

You clearly don't have a clue.
And just for the sake of posting
As I have said in other threads, Tripwire has the final say on what is on the Whitelist. If you have a problem with maps getting dewhitelisted, please take it up with me, as KEPT is simply doing the job that Tripwire wishes it had the bandwidth to do. We are simply too small to test maps as thoroughly as the KEPT is and we thank them for their efforts.

This is all moot anyways, because if you look through the recent updates to the Whitelist, there have always been as many or more maps going onto the Whitelist as were taken off. So, overall the Whitelist is consistently growing, which means there are just higher quality maps available to play on now. If you think about it that way instead of whining about it, you should be thanking the KEPT for improving the quality of maps available.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40430
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=559360&postcount=39
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42411
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43765
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=52256
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42610

I could go on for a while but there's no point really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excuse me...

That's fine you're excused.

But in regards to the rest of your post you pretty much just said what hateme said with a little bit more venom attached, and maybe one or two new points which fall on the same side of the path of hateme's justifications.

I'll clear up one for you, my join date wasn't 2011. But I won't bring up my star studied past as its irrelevant.

Did I say it was your fault, or hateme's fault or anyone else's for the matter? No so stick your eyes back in your head.

And also please don't talk holy than thou down to me... that's my job to do to everyone else.

At the end of the day TWI are in control, they'll do what they please. But crying about mash potato's from 2011 won't make the Christmas dinner taste like how grandma used to make it. Being disgruntled won't help matters will it.

In this world not having a clue is classed as normal and acceptable...so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon and ride it for awhile, see where it takes me.

But seriously Olivier, I know you feel like TWI wronged you in the past. But that's what businesses do, it's not personal, distance yourself from it bud. Business do what is in the best interests of the business. Plain and simple.

To the topic of whitelisting. Still no reply from Yoshiro. I fear he hasn't taken my request seriously.

HuNteR-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering how everyone here and in office knows how badly the KEPT thing went down, why would he?

Owe I don't know. I figured they might want a community member with a brain in their head helping out but go figure eh Gibs, go figure... there is just no room in the world for the Shepard, just the sheep.

And anyway my personal chat with Yoshiro cleared all that up so no beef anymore. What gives!?

Upvote 0