• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats in store TW...wet out appitites

The real Pavlovs house, they helf out for like two months or something with anti tank rifles. The rifles were used to shoot through the drivers eye slit. The building was too high for the tanks to aim up becase they had to get in close due to other high buildings nearby. Really interesting story and would make a great map. Ah I would love that map.

Upvote 0
Nite said:
The real Pavlovs house, they helf out for like two months or something with anti tank rifles. The rifles were used to shoot through the drivers eye slit. The building was too high for the tanks to aim up becase they had to get in close due to other high buildings nearby. Really interesting story and would make a great map. Ah I would love that map.
It wasn't Pavlov's house, it was some apartment building where his men ended up holed in and so everyone called it the battle of pavlov's house, named after him.

(iirc)

Upvote 0
futurenhler said:
Add a firing selector to the STG44

Its already in. (select fire mode), a better idea would be to combine a couple of keys, this can already be done by editing the user.ini, allow me to quote myself: :)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Eliminate 2 keys!!
1. Switch Firemode and Deploy/attach bayonet:
These 2 are not really useful to separate, there are no guns with 2 firemodes that can be deployed or has a bayonet, so why not combine them?

2. MG resuppling and changing barrel:
Obviously as an MG'er, you cant give away your ammo, and only MG'ers can change barrel, so why not use just one key?

X=switchfiremode|deploy

X=ROMGOperation|throwMGammo

X
is ofcourse a key of your choice :)
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Its already in. (select fire mode), a better idea would be to combine a couple of keys, this can already be done by editing the user.ini, allow me to quote myself: :)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Eliminate 2 keys!!
1. Switch Firemode and Deploy/attach bayonet:
These 2 are not really useful to separate, there are no guns with 2 firemodes that can be deployed or has a bayonet, so why not combine them?

2. MG resuppling and changing barrel:
Obviously as an MG'er, you cant give away your ammo, and only MG'ers can change barrel, so why not use just one key?

X=switchfiremode|deploy

X=ROMGOperation|throwMGammo

X
is ofcourse a key of your choice :)
[/FONT]

Good idea. Same goes for communication. You don't need tank comms when not in a tank. These buttons could be used more efficiently.

Upvote 0
Comrade Wasabi said:
Yes, Pavlov's House was an apartment building where they held out against German attacks for approximately two months with nothing but anti-tank rifles and mostly pillaged weaponry, as they didn't have nearly enough ammunition to keep going ;)

RO-Pavlov was probably the most played map on our RO mod server. Was a blast.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
You mean "whet your appetites", I imagine ;)

Well - apart from the obvious bug-fix/optimisation cycle that we are in right now, we are also working through the planning cycle for short, medium and fairly-long term.

As for what is in it - we haven't decided yet. But I can talk about some of the things we are considering.
  1. Additional weapons... we'll start with some extensions to the current weapon systems. We're looking at what other weapon systems to add in the medium term.
  2. Additional vehicles... looking at a list of about 12 right now, that we'll whittle down to rather less than this for the short term. Potential extensions into early-war hardware, as well as some of the heavier later-war stuff.
  3. More maps... inevitably! Looking at a range of possibilities right now, including 1943 tank map, so the Tiger can strut its stuff against earlier Soviet armour. We're also looking at something for some very intense close-quarters fighting, to satisfy the requests for close-range mayhem. And at least one more set-piece monster on the lines of Konigsplatz!
  4. We'll also be looking at tweaking and improving the core systems as we go, also checking (rechecking) all the armour, ballistics and penetration where there seem to be "anomalous" results coming in.
  5. Then, for the medium-to-long term we'll be looking at what "extras" to add in!
We'll drop more hints out as we go!

Are you also working on compatibility with the Steam server browser?

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
You mean "whet your appetites", I imagine ;)

Well - apart from the obvious bug-fix/optimisation cycle that we are in right now, we are also working through the planning cycle for short, medium and fairly-long term.

As for what is in it - we haven't decided yet. But I can talk about some of the things we are considering.
  1. Additional weapons... we'll start with some extensions to the current weapon systems. We're looking at what other weapon systems to add in the medium term.
  2. Additional vehicles... looking at a list of about 12 right now, that we'll whittle down to rather less than this for the short term. Potential extensions into early-war hardware, as well as some of the heavier later-war stuff.
  3. More maps... inevitably! Looking at a range of possibilities right now, including 1943 tank map, so the Tiger can strut its stuff against earlier Soviet armour. We're also looking at something for some very intense close-quarters fighting, to satisfy the requests for close-range mayhem. And at least one more set-piece monster on the lines of Konigsplatz!
  4. We'll also be looking at tweaking and improving the core systems as we go, also checking (rechecking) all the armour, ballistics and penetration where there seem to be "anomalous" results coming in.
  5. Then, for the medium-to-long term we'll be looking at what "extras" to add in!
We'll drop more hints out as we go!

i dont know if this has been mentioned but you guys should go teach IW/Activision a few things. TW rocks :D

Upvote 0