• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats in store TW...wet out appitites

Well the games been out a whole month and looks like it is growing and with the European release on the horizon (hopefully soon?) it will get even bigger.

So go on Devs give us a few hints of what maybe in the pipeline.
No Dates or promises but give us all an idea of what you are looking at for future patches.

We all know that you can't please everyone but a few ideas of what you see as the next step for RO would be very encouraging and I for one would love to have an idea of how you see the future progressing for this wonderful game..

You mean "whet your appetites", I imagine ;)

Well - apart from the obvious bug-fix/optimisation cycle that we are in right now, we are also working through the planning cycle for short, medium and fairly-long term.

As for what is in it - we haven't decided yet. But I can talk about some of the things we are considering.
  1. Additional weapons... we'll start with some extensions to the current weapon systems. We're looking at what other weapon systems to add in the medium term.
  2. Additional vehicles... looking at a list of about 12 right now, that we'll whittle down to rather less than this for the short term. Potential extensions into early-war hardware, as well as some of the heavier later-war stuff.
  3. More maps... inevitably! Looking at a range of possibilities right now, including 1943 tank map, so the Tiger can strut its stuff against earlier Soviet armour. We're also looking at something for some very intense close-quarters fighting, to satisfy the requests for close-range mayhem. And at least one more set-piece monster on the lines of Konigsplatz!
  4. We'll also be looking at tweaking and improving the core systems as we go, also checking (rechecking) all the armour, ballistics and penetration where there seem to be "anomalous" results coming in.
  5. Then, for the medium-to-long term we'll be looking at what "extras" to add in!
We'll drop more hints out as we go!

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
More maps... inevitably! Looking at a range of possibilities right now, including 1943 tank map, so the Tiger can strut its stuff against earlier Soviet armour. We're also looking at something for some very intense close-quarters fighting, to satisfy the requests for close-range mayhem. And at least one more set-piece monster on the lines of Konigsplatz!

I would love to see the cqb map be Koitos. It was the most popular map in the mod and certainly one of the best. Just make sure to include enough smgs please.

Also we need the return of Maikop or something similar for the rest of us. It's a pure bolt-users' map and we need more of those.

Upvote 0
Munk Polkadot said:
I would love to see the cqb map be Koitos. It was the most popular map in the mod and certainly one of the best. Just make sure to include enough smgs please.

Also we need the return of Maikop or something similar for the rest of us. It's a pure bolt-users' map and we need more of those.

Tripwire ain't gonna give us Koitos or Maikop.
They are both user made custom maps. They will likely be ported when the SDK is out, if permission is given, but Tripwire certainly I don't think will release them, since they never made them.

Upvote 0