Whats in store TW...wet out appitites

  • Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2006
68
0
0
The real Pavlovs house, they helf out for like two months or something with anti tank rifles. The rifles were used to shoot through the drivers eye slit. The building was too high for the tanks to aim up becase they had to get in close due to other high buildings nearby. Really interesting story and would make a great map. Ah I would love that map.
 

Formaldehyde

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2006
54
0
0
Sounds great. Thanks for the update.

As you guys at TW get that done, later on I'd love to see some Rumanian, Italian or Hungarian vs. Soviet maps. Lots of odd tankettes and weapons to be had.
 

kabex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 27, 2006
820
0
0
Mexico
Nite said:
The real Pavlovs house, they helf out for like two months or something with anti tank rifles. The rifles were used to shoot through the drivers eye slit. The building was too high for the tanks to aim up becase they had to get in close due to other high buildings nearby. Really interesting story and would make a great map. Ah I would love that map.
It wasn't Pavlov's house, it was some apartment building where his men ended up holed in and so everyone called it the battle of pavlov's house, named after him.

(iirc)
 

Comrade Wasabi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
685
0
0
30
www.fbiclan.com
Yes, Pavlov's House was an apartment building where they held out against German attacks for approximately two months with nothing but anti-tank rifles and mostly pillaged weaponry, as they didn't have nearly enough ammunition to keep going ;)
 

BicycleRepairMan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
627
1
0
Drammen, Norway
futurenhler said:
Add a firing selector to the STG44

Its already in. (select fire mode), a better idea would be to combine a couple of keys, this can already be done by editing the user.ini, allow me to quote myself: :)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Eliminate 2 keys!!
1. Switch Firemode and Deploy/attach bayonet:
These 2 are not really useful to separate, there are no guns with 2 firemodes that can be deployed or has a bayonet, so why not combine them?

2. MG resuppling and changing barrel:
Obviously as an MG'er, you cant give away your ammo, and only MG'ers can change barrel, so why not use just one key?

X=switchfiremode|deploy

X=ROMGOperation|throwMGammo

X
is ofcourse a key of your choice :)
[/FONT]
__________________
 

Rrralphster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 4, 2006
1,411
106
0
49
Nederland
BicycleRepairMan said:
Its already in. (select fire mode), a better idea would be to combine a couple of keys, this can already be done by editing the user.ini, allow me to quote myself: :)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Eliminate 2 keys!!
1. Switch Firemode and Deploy/attach bayonet:
These 2 are not really useful to separate, there are no guns with 2 firemodes that can be deployed or has a bayonet, so why not combine them?

2. MG resuppling and changing barrel:
Obviously as an MG'er, you cant give away your ammo, and only MG'ers can change barrel, so why not use just one key?

X=switchfiremode|deploy

X=ROMGOperation|throwMGammo

X
is ofcourse a key of your choice :)
[/FONT]
__________________

Good idea. Same goes for communication. You don't need tank comms when not in a tank. These buttons could be used more efficiently.
 

breadtruck

Active member
Nov 21, 2005
770
84
28
Wisconsin, USA
Comrade Wasabi said:
Yes, Pavlov's House was an apartment building where they held out against German attacks for approximately two months with nothing but anti-tank rifles and mostly pillaged weaponry, as they didn't have nearly enough ammunition to keep going ;)

RO-Pavlov was probably the most played map on our RO mod server. Was a blast.
 

deceiver

Member
Jan 4, 2006
142
6
18
Laval, Qu
www.jobyek.com
[RO]Wilsonam said:
You mean "whet your appetites", I imagine ;)

Well - apart from the obvious bug-fix/optimisation cycle that we are in right now, we are also working through the planning cycle for short, medium and fairly-long term.

As for what is in it - we haven't decided yet. But I can talk about some of the things we are considering.
  1. Additional weapons... we'll start with some extensions to the current weapon systems. We're looking at what other weapon systems to add in the medium term.
  2. Additional vehicles... looking at a list of about 12 right now, that we'll whittle down to rather less than this for the short term. Potential extensions into early-war hardware, as well as some of the heavier later-war stuff.
  3. More maps... inevitably! Looking at a range of possibilities right now, including 1943 tank map, so the Tiger can strut its stuff against earlier Soviet armour. We're also looking at something for some very intense close-quarters fighting, to satisfy the requests for close-range mayhem. And at least one more set-piece monster on the lines of Konigsplatz!
  4. We'll also be looking at tweaking and improving the core systems as we go, also checking (rechecking) all the armour, ballistics and penetration where there seem to be "anomalous" results coming in.
  5. Then, for the medium-to-long term we'll be looking at what "extras" to add in!
We'll drop more hints out as we go!

Are you also working on compatibility with the Steam server browser?
 

Deathsai

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
845
0
0
breadtruck said:
RO-Pavlov was probably the most played map on our RO mod server. Was a blast.

Then I must have boycotted your server, because that map was horrid.
 

[5.SS] Herr Hut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
126
2
0
Ah yes, Pavlov from the mod days.... I played on a server one night that changed it so everyone got satchels. wow was that interesting once the germans got into pavlov. It was like the 4th of July in there :eek: Terrible map though otherwise.
 

Hardware

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
89
0
0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
You mean "whet your appetites", I imagine ;)

Well - apart from the obvious bug-fix/optimisation cycle that we are in right now, we are also working through the planning cycle for short, medium and fairly-long term.

As for what is in it - we haven't decided yet. But I can talk about some of the things we are considering.
  1. Additional weapons... we'll start with some extensions to the current weapon systems. We're looking at what other weapon systems to add in the medium term.
  2. Additional vehicles... looking at a list of about 12 right now, that we'll whittle down to rather less than this for the short term. Potential extensions into early-war hardware, as well as some of the heavier later-war stuff.
  3. More maps... inevitably! Looking at a range of possibilities right now, including 1943 tank map, so the Tiger can strut its stuff against earlier Soviet armour. We're also looking at something for some very intense close-quarters fighting, to satisfy the requests for close-range mayhem. And at least one more set-piece monster on the lines of Konigsplatz!
  4. We'll also be looking at tweaking and improving the core systems as we go, also checking (rechecking) all the armour, ballistics and penetration where there seem to be "anomalous" results coming in.
  5. Then, for the medium-to-long term we'll be looking at what "extras" to add in!
We'll drop more hints out as we go!


i dont know if this has been mentioned but you guys should go teach IW/Activision a few things. TW rocks :D
 

Scoobin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2006
636
0
0
New Zealand
Great news Wilson. :)

What the game really needs though is worldwide box release so that we have some ppl to play the game with who can't get hold of a credit card.