• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What would you like to see in Killing Floor 3

-Yes for more horror elements ! Even though I believe they went for a "b-movie" tone for KF2, which is good also. But they went from tongue-in-cheek quotes and wacky weapons to ridiculous hats...Which is too much IMO

-I believe they actually talk, but less clearly than in the first game. And they don't have as many lines.

-Yes for swaping weapons !

-Yes for more balanced skill choices! So far, one choice is always better than the other... Quite a shame.

-I wouldn't dismiss weapon stats entirely, I just think we should be able to tweak them more. Because I don't see how you would increase the damage of a gun with attachments for example. Or even which attachments would fit a melee weapon for example.

-I don't play HoE, so my opinion on this topic doesn't matter !

-That is true. DoT in general isn't great in KF2 (bleeding and poison aren't great either). I think it would be helpful to increase the effectiveness of the firebug, even though he's a tough perk nevertheless. But, truth be told, I think the faster pace of the game compared to KF1 is also why DoT aren't that good.

-I don't know about active mechanics... I believe too many games tried to do so following Overwatch's success, often with far less efficiency. Like... does it matter to have merely one or two abilities? A meaty 4-5 would be better. But then, I don't think it would fit Killing Floor either. So yeah, I guess it should be considered... But not mandatory.

-If Catacombs proved something, is that people don't like dark maps. So that's a hard pass.

-Similarly, I do believe that maps should have their "quirks", their own "flavour". Hence why I don't think EVERY map should have day/night cycles. It's also good to have other things (like the Volcano on Zed Landing for example)

-For the above reason : different zeds depending on the night doesn't sound like a great idea. Plus, Dying Light already did it.

-Why not for the light-fearing zed? That might prove to be an effective way to keep players on their toes, by having to consider a new solution to deal with a threat. I dig it !

- A zombie game? Not only are they not zombie per say, but most of them are actually cyber-clones. Husks, fleshpounds or sirens are all cyborgs. One might say that the EDARs are one-step too far...But to me, it is merely a matter of appearance. If they looked more "fleshy", they would clearly fit the game.

Hell, at first, I thought they would be a somewhat neutral, "third faction". They would shoot both zeds and players alike. But alas...It didn't happen.

Reactions: Gordyne
Upvote 0
I don‘t think KF2 managed to hit the KF1 vibe as well as it could’ve. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, maybe mostly nostalgia..? But one specific thing I do miss is the random banter the characters do, and you got a sense of much more chaos and some of them sound genuinely terrified when **** hits the fan.

So even though I love KF2, KF1 just had more “character” imo. Would be cool to revisit that more in KF3.

That said, I don’t really see the point of a third game, over building upon KF2.

Upvote 0
"-If Catacombs proved something, is that people don't like dark maps. So that's a hard pass. "

Idk if it's really that simple.

I guess it's because they should have given us more tools to deal with the darkness effectively(more skills like flaretov for instance), generators to turn on or something like that.

The problem with catacombs is that when lights went out, you basically had very little ways of dealing with it. Also, explosives worked against you because of the destructible lights, so Demo was a big NO.
However, I like the idea of having some maps that are best suited for some perks than others. We already have that with different map sizes, some more enclosed than others.
The problem is that Catacombs was not balanced. Only FB had a average way to deal with the darkness if a Demo decided to explode every light source.(not really his fault, ofc)

It would be cool to have one map where lights will start going out and you basically have to "run from the dark" while kiting in the direction of the last lit areas.

And, at least to me, it seems that a part of the gamers who play KF2 have a little bit of reluctance to adapt to new things.

I may be wrong though.

"-For the above reason : different zeds depending on the night doesn't sound like a great idea. Plus, Dying Light already did it. "

Well, that's not only a DL thing. In a few games there are different enemies that spawn at night, and not strictly in the horror genre.
DL also "stole" that concept from movies like 30 days of night.(which also borrowed the concept from other movies) But, yeah... I get your point. DL is very popular and an amazing game. And DL2 is comig soon.
Then again, if no other games can use this concept because DL did... it's a bit sad because it's a very cool concept to work on.

We are in 2020 after all. Most ideas have already been used at least once, and it's logically getting harder and harder to come up with something original.

Last edited:
Upvote 0