• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will it take to save RO?

I think we all know TW left RO to concentrate on new things ages ago! That is the difference between RO and DH there is nothing new for RO and never will be and the last update was a slap in the face for me!
Whereas DH has devs who care about the project and want to see it even better all the time!
DH may be based on RO but it is a totally different game and as such Ive only played RO a couple of times since the DH 3.0 version was released!
Just have to hope RO2 is good, and I'm sure certain people will always play original RO just as certain people still play COD2!

Upvote 0
Well save your pennies a top of the line PC if you build one as an AMD system you can do it for 1500 bucks. That for the top and best of all hardware is dirt cheap and it will last you for a good 3-5 years of gaming.

Specs:
Case = ANTEC P183 Performance One Steel Mid Tower Case Black Retail
Motherboard = ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AMD 790FX AM3
CPU = Phenom II X4 965BE
RAM = CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666 (DDR3-1333) DDR3 x 2 = 8 Gig
Video = XFX GX295NHWFC Geforce GTX 295 1.79GB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 (2.0v) Video Card Retail
PSU = 1000 WATT Antec or Ultra Modular Power Supply
DVDRW+ = LITEON iHAS422-08 22X DVD Burner Black Drive Retail or Plextor comparable
Hard Drives = SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 3.0 ST31000528AS SATA 3.0 Hard Drive x 2 = 2TB
Case Fan for Optional = Vantec SF12025L Double Ball Bearing Case Fan
Cooler = ZALMAN CNPS9900 LED Copper Intel/AMD CPU Cooler Retail
OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

1600 bucks gets you this baby and it's the tops for what you can buy today for an AMD System with plenty extra. I build my own systems and spec for others and this is currently going to be my next system unless a better mobo or other items arrive in the mean time. The processor just came out the other day beating the 955BE, I had spec'ed before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A nazi zombie mod for KF. It would be good advertising for RO and might interest people who only own KF. Might mean more players interested in HOS as well. Just have the realistic gunplay in a WW2 setting. With scary looking nazi zombies.:D

I made this just for fun.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35562&page=2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is because most people have moved on to what is now saving RO. That is the mod Darkest Hour. Our server and many others are constantly full in the evenings now if everyone who keeps complaining about not being able to play or that RO is dead is actually dead wrong.

RO servers may be dead and the game may have finally settled down but it's only because everyone is now playing Darkest Hour, but you can't play Darkest Hour without having RO so RO is alive and strong.

Shameless Plug:

Come over to CLOWNS Darkest Hour Playhouse for some incredible custom maps and some great teamwork, skilled players, well admin'ed server (At least we try to keep it clean from tards). The server is full most evenings for several hours and could be full ALWAYS if people would realize that RO is truly NOT dead and that people have just moved on to the latest and greatest which is Darkest Hour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0