• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Searching And Destroying

I absolutely hate the idea of owning a full game and having to pay to unlock extra weapons, especially when its in a pretty immersive and quite historically authentic(I just know someones going to reply and name everything thats wrong with the historical inaccuracies) game.

Now expansion packs, thats pretty nice, Another 20$ expansion is something I would buy. I would even pay a increased price of 25$ if it came with 2 more maps than what RS shipped with.

Upvote 0
For a game like this, paying for expansion packs such as Kursk, or Barbarossa 1941 or whatever, I could see that. But I could see that only if they are done properly with a decent amount of content that does NOT fragment the community such as still allowing players to be a rifleman only if they don't purchase.

Anything else such as weapons download packs (like in KF) would be wrong for a game like this and just a cheap pathetic money grab from TWI. I also challenge anyone to properly explain how they think paying for a weapons DLC would fit into this type of game without turning it more into a COD type shambles (shame on those of you proposing that).

And yeah, like others have said, some more vehicles.

Upvote 0
If they're gunna go with expansion pack thing all well and good - make it like rs so no one excluded would be even better

Gun packs isn't going to work how would servers implement this and only some players would have them, which would lead to trouble

But full blown expansion pack with some real content in them would probably work

Upvote 0
To be as fair as possible here, TWI has received quite a bit of flak for those "promised" vehicles, so all the respect to them for being so shut down now about any future plans. As long as we get well thought-out expansions like RS (those weapon imbalances really helped with the game sticking out and not being just a reskin of HoS) I am more than happy to wait. And now that a lot of the initial issues with HoS have been ironed out I am sure they are free to work on new content! All I ask for now is a "risky" new theatre like the karelian front or africa/italy, not normandy :D

Upvote 0
Great news! While I love territory combat, I would love to see more variation in gametypes. S&D as one, is a good step, in particular if it feels like an actual mission with objectives. RO2 and RS are known for attempting to be realistic while entertaining and S&D could seem gimmicky if not done right. For example, with RO2 one critically underplayed map that could get a nice boost if remixed with a S&D function is Barashka. Imagine if you will a couple S&D targets, on the bridges. The Axis would be trying to destroy the bridges before the Allies can capture them (or vice versa of course). There would be a need to redo art assets and animations for exploding bridges.It would be S&D on a full scale level and still feel like an actual mission. Ultimately, it would be great to see most maps have a mix of things to do on top of hold territory. Another example, a Capture the Flag mechanic can be added for bonus points when the opposing team captures an enemy rear bunker and someone takes files/papers/plans from the front to their own hq behind lines. It eliminates the need for someone to run around with a gimmicky big flag, but achieves the same gameplay effect.

With varying new expansion pack ideas, I would love to see gametype variations as well. I would pay a little more for that kind of variety.

Thanks again for the update.

Upvote 0
To be as fair as possible here, TWI has received quite a bit of flak for those "promised" vehicles, so all the respect to them for being so shut down now about any future plans.

Lack of communication results in the straining and breakup of all types of relationships, both personal and professional. It also gives the impression that they aren't working on the game or working on it minimal, to name a few. Personally I understand the reasoning for taking care of bugs and somewhat poor optimization that resulted from the game launch (which I hardly suffered from either :p ) that resulted in delays.

As long as we get well thought-out expansions like RS (those weapon imbalances really helped with the game sticking out and not being just a reskin of HoS) I am more than happy to wait. And now that a lot of the initial issues with HoS have been ironed out I am sure they are free to work on new content! All I ask for now is a "risky" new theatre like the karelian front or africa/italy, not normandy :D

I too am interested in what TWI might have in mind with regards to a possible expansion. But with RS, wasn't that actually announced quite some time before ROHOS was even released and then it did takes almost two years to get it after the ROHOS was out? Based on that time schedule, it will be several years before we see something :eek: :D

But as far as possibilities, is TWI thinking of one of the cancelled(?) mods such as the Karelian Front, WWI mods, perhaps taking In Country under their wings, or something completely new such as Kursk or France 1940?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I would most like to see would be a map pack of maps simpler than spartanovka, just fighting over some steppes, forest, small villages, or even a few floors in one building, with only 3 or 4 objectives. This way it would take much less time to make but there would be far less of the predictability of the more played maps since there would be so many of them. This I think would also play into one of the strengths of this game which is the complex tactics which evolve out of simple scenarios, in response to ever changing tactics on the other team. Even just 10 such maps, with basic topography and objects would make the campaign more interesting, and possibly provide less cluttered areas for combined arms playing.

Upvote 0
@Comments on future plans: Just don't make it free to play, thank you.

Looking forward to come back to RO2 when this so long awaited update comes out. Maybe I got a little burnout with the game and some of it's "legacy" problems -like MP Campaign classe selection, first thing that popped into mind - but there is nothing like it and in the end of the day, it's a damn good game.a

And since everybody is throwing it's 2cents, mine:
Communication in-game (3D VOIP, Radios),
Squads <==> Steam Friends\People Integration ==> Always nice to play with people that you know, making it easier => Better.

And some screenies, please? :p

Upvote 0
Lack of communication results in the straining and breakup of all types of relationships, both personal and professional. It also gives the impression that they aren't working on the game or working on it minimal, to name a few. Personally I understand the reasoning for taking care of bugs and somewhat poor optimization that resulted from the game launch (which I hardly suffered from either :p ) that resulted in delays.

I too am interested in what TWI might have in mind with regards to a possible expansion. But with RS, wasn't that actually announced quite some time before ROHOS was even released and then it did takes almost two years to get it after the ROHOS was out? Based on that time schedule, it will be several years before we see something :eek: :D

But as far as possibilities, is TWI thinking of one the cancelled(?) mods such as the Karelian Front, WWI mods, perhaps taking In Country under their wings, or something completely new such as Kursk or France 1940?

I would love to see France/ Low countries/ Norway as an expansion but I think it is SO different that it would never get up. I don't think anyone has ever tried it in a FPS ( happy to be corrected ) but it would be wonderful.

Char B vs Panzer 2 anyone? :D

Upvote 0
I would love to see France/ Low countries/ Norway as an expansion but I think it is SO different that it would never get up. I don't think anyone has ever tried it in a FPS ( happy to be corrected ) but it would be wonderful.

Char B vs Panzer 2 anyone? :D

Ooohhhh yes! I would love to see an early France game.

P.S. Medal of honor European assault had a couple of early war France missions were you play as the british.

Upvote 0