• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Preparing For ... Something

Hello Mercs,

Last week we mentioned you would be heading back into the Biotics Lab to shut it down for good, and today we want to go over the new resources you’ll have available to get that job done. The Horzine Research Group has come up with some new concepts we think you are going to love.

hrg_winterbite.png

First up, the HRG Winterbite for those Gunslingers out there. We get it, sometimes you just want to feel loved by the Sharpshooters, or well anybody running away from a ZED. Don’t you worry, with the Winterbite there is no way for you to fail! Equipped to fire cartridges to put some nitrogen ice shards downrange, these babies will help you bring your foes to a standstill, setting up some great combos with your team. Or team up with a Firebug for a Siren’s song of Fire and Ice!

hrg_incision.png

And Medics, for you the HRG Incision may be your new best friend. The Incision is built around the simple concept of helping your friends, be that with a massive round downrange that will keep your foe’s EMP’ed. Or, and hear us out here, firing an equally oversized syringe at your friends (... or foes). This round will penetrate Zeds to reach your intended healing target and may keep those in your way off their feet with some stumble and knockdown power.

mosinnagant.jpg

Or perhaps you are looking for something a bit new in the design department. And by new we mean old, probably older than the dirt the team found this design in. Sharpshooters, this firearm needs no introduction, having fought in every conflict around the world since WW I. The Mosin Nagant M91/30 sits in the middle ground between some of the heavier hitting specialized modern rifles and the quick-firing intermediate rounds. It also comes with some new perks, such as its standard bayonet guaranteed to hit the enemy a mile away or your money back. If stabbing it doesn’t work, follow that up with a quick pull of the trigger while those pesky ZED’s are still attached for some extra damage! And we hear the team isn’t afraid of using this weapon to block incoming Zed attacks.

g18c.png

Now for our SWAT mercs, the team has heard the requests, you want a machine pistol. Firing 1100 rounds a minute, the G18c will put rounds down range faster than your ability to acquire new Zeds to shoot at! Oh.... and one more thing. Did we mention it comes with a Riot Shield?

riotshield.png

Giving you the ability to mitigate frontal damage, and bash out to push those two close away (firing that fast, you’ll need to reload sometime)! The G18C and Riot Shield come as a set, so get ready to blast and bash your way into the thick of it!

As a reminder: HRG weapons are free for all users, while the Riot Shield & Glock 18 and Mosin Nagant are purchasable after the Christmas Update Final Launch as Weapon Bundles packed with weapon skins for cosmetic customization.

Mercs, we haven’t heard back anything new from our agents in the field ... but we got one last broadcast....

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
No, the riotshield is a combo with the G18c and they come as one "weapon". This weapon is only for the SWAT perk.

this is kind of disappointing if I'm being honest. SWAT can already mitigate so much damage with his armor buffs that a shield seems almost redundant, if not downright broken (and swat is my favorite class in the game). if you were concerned about loadouts you could have just made dual g18's a weight 6 item to prevent using them with a kriss and UMP. g18's would have also crossed over very well with gunslinger, allowing a very cool multipurpose build for both trash clear and scrake/fp clear with rack em up bonuses

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
this is kind of disappointing if I'm being honest. SWAT can already mitigate so much damage with his armor buffs that a shield seems almost redundant, if not downright broken (and swat is my favorite class in the game). if you were concerned about loadouts you could have just made dual g18's a weight 6 item to prevent using them with a kriss and UMP. g18's would have also crossed over very well with gunslinger, allowing a very cool multipurpose build for both trash clear and scrake/fp clear with rack em up bonuses

Mitigate so much damage? You mean the Perk has 50 armor more which has to be rebought with Dosh, that is mostly neglectable on HoE multiplayer.

That being said, I think a Riot Shield + Stun boton would be a fun thing for the Zerk^^ But Glock would be either useless or overpowered and weird. Nailgun is at least somewhat fitting and is only usefull on breathing distance.

Upvote 0
I dunno how to feel about no cross-perks for Zerk.

The Riot Shield, i can sort of understand since giving a full-auto hitscan the ability to benefit from Vampire could be seen as overpowered. The Nagant on the other hand, i dunno if it'll get much use in the hands of the Sharpshooter, since it deals the most damage moments after a bayonet stab (such a weapon honestly seems better suited for the Zerker skillset thanks to the Parry and Spartan skills). Plus, I personally can't help but think that the "Stab and shoot" mechanic on the Nagant would've been better used on the M1 Garand, a weapon that's far better suited for CQB than a bolt-action rifle.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Plus, I personally can't help but think that the "Stab and shoot" mechanic on the Nagant would've been better used on the M1 Garand, a weapon that's far better suited for CQB than a bolt-action rifle.

Are we sure it won't crossperk? It says "And we hear the team isn’t afraid of using this weapon to block incoming Zed attacks.", it'd be strange if they added a block mechanic without Zerk being able to use it

Upvote 0
honestly i skipped out on buying the last 2 weapons since trying them from a sharing user, felt rather underwhelming, now this on the other hand has my attention!
the mosin looks pretty interesting as it will be the first playable weapon to feature a bayonet, be bolt action and uses a clip instead of mags lol. i expect this weapon to be 5 or 6 rounds mag and at least a 650 dosh item.
the G18C + Riot Shield. OMG YES. this is the weapon ive been waiting for SWAT to finally have since its inception. finally swat having a proper tanking weapon that suits its theme. and different enough weapon then other SWAT guns that it looks very interesting! consider this sold!

i guess there is concerns about SWAT getting too tanky, but consider this: the SWAT's armour bonuses only takes effect while a SWAT has any armour. only collecting random armour pickups or buying new after rounds. with that his skill becomes useless. this can make SWATs have guaranteed defense on demand with it. and not to mention right spec skill users would find that defense handy too. and the fact that non skilled armour degrades in performance the more damaged it gets.

the HRG this time... the winterbite looks pretty interesting, a good support weapon concept, i like the spitfires. im assuming this is a survivalist weapon.

The Incision if im assuming is an EMP cannon. gonna have to try it out before i have an opinion.

Upvote 0
I just wonder where Twipwire is planning to go, with more paid content.
I feel like this prediction is due:

Christmas Comes Early Update (Nov 18, 2020)

To celebrate the game's fourth birthday, Killing Floor 2 is free* FOREVER! The Twisted Christmas event will also begin much earlier and will last until the end of the Steam CHRISTMAS SALE.

Upvote 0
Does the riot shield block automatically or do you have to use a key to block? Also can you block and fire your weapon at the same time? Example you are being beaten on by clots but a FP is charging close and you want to destroy the FP first? I look forward to this weapon combo alot as well as all the new weapons! Keep up the great work! This can't come soon enough! One last thing, will this be an open beta tested item? Or at least the HRG weapons?

Upvote 0