• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Post Pax and Gearing Up for Patch Release

Regarding removing all zoom, there were significant problems with this when we tested it in the original RO2 beta. The zoom level used to be a player configurable option that could be used to completely remove the zoom. The problem is that it was incompatible with our free aim system. So when the zoom is removed, at certain aspect ratios and resolutions your weapon will not shoot where it is aimed. We put significant effort into resolving this issue, and no resolution could be found within the time that we had.

So just so you are aware, this is not a simple matter of just "flipping a switch". Rather there are some complex mathematical problems that would need to be solved to get this to work properly. This is why it was removed during the beta development of the game. Now some of you will respond and say "but I play Dibblers mod and I don't have any problems". That is quite possible, as only certain aspect ratios and resolutions are affected by this issue. But we did not feel it was fair to make something official that would cause certain players to be unable to hit where they were aiming.

In regards to the free aim system are you referring to the free aim when your weapon is not shouldered? or ... the free aim when your ADS and using shift zoom?

If the problem is with the latter then how about completely removing the free aim ability from Classic mode. It is Classic mode after all and R01 didn't have the ADS free aim. Then "no zoom" will work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In regards to the free aim system are you referring to the free aim when your weapon is not shouldered? or ... the free aim when your ADS and using shift zoom?

If the problem is with the latter then how about completely removing the free aim ability from Classic mode. It is Classic mode after all and R01 didn't have the ADS free aim. Then "no zoom" will work.

I support that.

Upvote 0